Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tripp Research 6" - Brandon/ Tripp Custom

Seth

I had Tripp Research build me a 5" gun several years ago that has been absolutely perfect. Totally reliable and perfect in every way. After a conversation with him a few months ago, Virgil offered me the chance of a lifetime to build a 6" and I took it. Since Colby Brandon is his protege and does a lot of their pistolsmithing, I asked that his logo go on the gun. Instead of being a 'Tripp Research' gun it'll be 'Brandon/ Tripp Custom'.

Hopefully here next week... for now a cell phone teaser!

6ontable.jpg

I agree. The man can do no wrong in my book....

I worked with them a lot on the design of this one after studying page after page of the builds here. The slide is flat topped and gilled, obviously, but is also high power cut from the 4th gill forward. Kind of tough to see it in the crappy picture.

The sights will be .090" front iron, rear .115" Tripp K-1. Schuemann bushing barrel, reduced grip, narrowed beavertail, Dawson Ice... blah blah blah. Hoping for a solid 2.25# trigger.

S.

• 2 weeks later...

PERFECT, as a matter of fact. I shot 30 rounds through it last night when it arrived and shot about 225 through it today at the Mid Atlantic Sectional. 100% reliability... gotta love that. No break in. Add bullets, go shoot.

Sight picture is WICKED accurate. LOVE it thus far.

Hey Scott,

I passed on lightening the inside of the firing pin tunnel. I can always take more out....

The gun weighs just a tick over 37oz, but the slide assembly with the barrel and guide rod weigh less than my 5" Tripp gun.

I opted for the Dawson ZM small steel mainspring housing which is astonishingly heavy, but I like the feel. I might swap it for the aluminum version later on. It balances exactly underneath of the trigger shoe.

I have run about 255 rounds through it - about 55 before MidAtlanic and about 200 at the match. Mix of untuned mags with various guts with not a lick of trouble. It ran perfectly.

I think it needs a lighter recoil spring (12# in it now)....