Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taurus 9mm 1911

gmantwo

I talked to them at SHOT and got some BS answer like " when there is enough demand from our dealers"

Yeeeaah.... like all that demand for the .38 Super that they made instead. Yeah nobody wants a 9mm 1911.

T

Well, I could buy a 38 Super Taurus and have a 9mm barrel put in and still have less in it than an STI Spartan. Don't get me wrong, I love my STI 2011 and my Executive, but I'm wanting to build a Bianchi gun and money is a big consideration.

Ya I dont know where your going to get a taurus with a new barrel installed for less than a spartan. Another difference is if the taurus has problems your on your own since it wasnt sold as a 9mm. The spartan is 630 and is pretty good right out of the box and has a great warranty. Every taurus I have seen is about that price. Quality wise, the spartan is MUCH nicer than the taurus.

Ya I dont know where your going to get a taurus with a new barrel installed for less than a spartan. Another difference is if the taurus has problems your on your own since it wasnt sold as a 9mm. The spartan is 630 and is pretty good right out of the box and has a great warranty. Every taurus I have seen is about that price. Quality wise, the spartan is MUCH nicer than the taurus.

Well, I could buy a 38 Super Taurus and have a 9mm barrel put in and still have less in it than an STI Spartan. Don't get me wrong, I love my STI 2011 and my Executive, but I'm wanting to build a Bianchi gun and money is a big consideration.

Ever consider a revolver as a viable budget AP gun ?