Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cheap alternative to n105 ?

rupture

Looking at the burn rate charts, HS-7, Blue Dot, Win 571, or No. 9 Accurate powder are very close to each other, so one of those should be good to use. I have used Longshot in super before, it works, but it's loud and to work the comp, you will have some pressure signs.

Using n105 in 38sc, looking for a cheap alternative for practice. What would be the closest powder to n105 that is cheaper?

AA#7 is very similiar. It is cheap and dirty. 10.2gr w/125 = 169pf or 10.5 w/125 = 175 pf.

Edited by CocoBolo

Using n105 in 38sc, looking for a cheap alternative for practice. What would be the closest powder to n105 that is cheaper?

AA#7 is very similiar. It is cheap and dirty. 10.2gr w/125 = 169pf or 10.5 w/125 = 175 pf.

Coco, I just don't understand how you can get 10.5 in a sC case! I use 10.2 VV N105 in a super case and it damn near fills the case up (to 1/8" from the top!) and the super has a larger case capaxity than SC! Are you a magician or something? Or is AA#7 just that much more dense than VV N105?

I use 10.4 of n105 in sc with 115gr. bullets, no problem. I don't trust the burn rate charts they are all different. I try to stick with the real world experience from you guys

Edited by rupture

I use 10.4 of n105 in sc with 115gr. bullets, no problem. I don't trust the burn rate charts they are all different. I try to stick with the real world experience from you guys

3N38 is pretty close and you can get it in larger jugs which drops the price some. While I haven't tried it (yet), a couple of really good guys have told me 4756 is pretty close as well (and cleaner). R,

Coco, I just don't understand how you can get 10.5 in a sC case! I use 10.2 VV N105 in a super case and it damn near fills the case up (to 1/8" from the top!) and the super has a larger case capaxity than SC! Are you a magician or something? Or is AA#7 just that much more dense than VV N105?

I'm at 10.7gr of N105 now and it's pretty full, but not so full it spills. AA#7 is definitely more dense in comparison to the fairly large sticks of N105. R,

3N38 is pretty close and you can get it in larger jugs which drops the price some. While I haven't tried it (yet), a couple of really good guys have told me 4756 is pretty close as well (and cleaner). R,

I've got a HUGE can of 4756 to use when I can't get my hands on N350, or, N105, and I think it's pretty dirty compared to those two.

If you decide to use 4756, get a big can. It seems that every batch I ever bought, chronoed different.

You are right.AA#7 is more dense.It's still has room to fill

Edited by yuthh

I've got a HUGE can of 4756 to use when I can't get my hands on N350, or, N105, and I think it's pretty dirty compared to those two.

I found 4756 to be the cleanest powder I've ever run in a racegun... far cleaner than either N105 or N350, and cleaner than even 7625.

I'm loading 11.2gr N105 in Supercomp. Fits no problem. I sit a bullet on top of the case as it comes out of the powder measure, which minimizes spillage ;)

4756 is a great alternative and much cheaper. 3n38 is a little less expensive, if you buy it in the 4lb jugs as Bart mentioned, but unburned powder will accumulate in the comp in some pistols and you'll get some distracting (at least to me) booms when that powder is lit up.