Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW USPSA Multigun rules

Since I'm at work with little to do but surf the interweb and save damsels in distress!!!! I decided to read the NEW version of the multigun rules that will affect the latest and greatest Multigun Nationals.

It seems that if you shoot in Limited Division your SG does not have a maximum rounds allowed limit. It plainly states "magazine round count limit----NO"

But if you shoot Tactical, or HM, or HMT, your magazine does have a maximum round count limit. Plainly stated as "magazine round count limit----8 rounds"

Can this be corrected in time for the match, or will Limited competitors be allowed to "play by the rules" :roflol:

Trapr

Chuck, i realize its a typo, but since its in the rules, does it take an act of the BoD to correct or can it be done quickly. if its in writing and listed as the official rule, and someone plays by the written word they should have a right to abide by it, whether its a typo or not.

Trapr

Actually if you read right above that it says, "Multigun Appendix A1 is a brief overview of the rules, not a substitute for

the complete rules in the handgun, shotgun and rifle rule books.

It also explains the additional restrictions and allowances compared to the

HG, R and SG rules." The SG rule book still says 8, it's 8. BTW, it has already been corrected by the BOD, it just apparently hasn't been posted.

Alright Trapr. We're both smoking something funny. It's clearly posted. I can't get it to copy in the table format but here is the info listed. I think what we were looking at was the Limited Rifle which has no restriction on magazine capacity. I feel like a bit of an idiot for missing that. I knew we corrected it.

Division Rule

brief

Multigun

allowances

Multigun

restrictions

Shotgun Limited Shotgun No No

Minimum Gauge 20 ga.

Action Type Any

Compensator/Porting No

Optics No

Max. number of

rounds in magazine

8 Rounds +1 for

loaded start

Chuck, my concern was that it would not be able to be corrected quickly enough, and thus be grounds for a legal arbitration, which I personally would be willing to go thru just to prove the point.

If it can in fact be corrected quickly enough?? then there is no cause for concern. Generally, any document with a later date is going to supersede any preceding document that covers the same material, so I would think that the later 2010 provisional rules would supersede the earlier 2009 rules since it addresses the same material, if not then all preceding rules would essentially still be in effect, despite any amendments. I'm no Lawyer but I am willing to read and call rules or opinions out.

As for missing the item when reviewing it, hey I've been known to leave ammo at home hundreds of miles away :wacko: Also someone has gone back and reformatted the entire appendices, So we were not doing illegal substances its been changed, by someone???????????

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

It was changed a week or two ago. I'll have to check my email if need be. I noticed that was missing the first time we updated it. I know exactly what I was looking at yesterday when I agreed it was missing, and the format was the same. I screwed up and was looking at the rifle rules. If you saw a different format yesterday, you probably had the old rule set stored in your cache. There is no conspiracy, we just missed it.

Edited by Chuck Anderson

Ok, since we are talking about the rules. If I am shooting "Tactical" can I use a Beta Mag or does this throw me into "Open." I could not find anything in the "Multi-Gun" rules that told me I could not use a Beta Mag. The description for "Tatical" says there is not restriction on magazine capacity on the rifle.

?????

Ok, since we are talking about the rules. If I am shooting "Tactical" can I use a Beta Mag or does this throw me into "Open." I could not find anything in the "Multi-Gun" rules that told me I could not use a Beta Mag. The description for "Tatical" says there is not restriction on magazine capacity on the rifle.

?????

In the past there has been no problem using a Beta mag in Open, Limited or Tactical divisions in USPSA. The new rules state no round limit on any rifle except HM Divisions.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

I think the unlimited shotgun capacity was supposed to be the new rule for Open right...right!!!! :P

It can still be changed....Please...Pretty Please...I want to use my X-Rail :cheers:

Nick

That is one of the rules I'm hoping to propose, but it definitely won't be in place for the Nationals this year.

I think the unlimited shotgun capacity was supposed to be the new rule for Open right...right!!!! :P

It can still be changed....Please...Pretty Please...I want to use my X-Rail :cheers:

Nick

That is one of the rules I'm hoping to propose, but it definitely won't be in place for the Nationals this year.

And I will support Chuck on this rule change.

Nick

And I will support Chuck on this rule change.

I'm glad to see it might be a future possibility.

Nick

At at the 3 Gun Nationals in Vegas next month - what will the shotgun loading rules for tactical?

8+1. You can have 8 in the tube and 1 in the chamber, You can't have 9 in the tube at any time after the buzzer or welcome to Open. Same as USPSA has used for as long as I can remember.

Ahhh Chuck you boot! I can remeber when USPSA din't really have any rules for 3-gun...it was ...well....3-gun, then someone runied it all with the limited/open thang!

(Note: All the above is meerly messing with my amigo Chuck and has nothing to do with the fine rules now established by USPSA...although 9 to start would be niiiiiccceee!)

Ahhh Chuck you boot! I can remeber when USPSA din't really have any rules for 3-gun...it was ...well....3-gun, then someone runied it all with the limited/open thang!

(Note: All the above is meerly messing with my amigo Chuck and has nothing to do with the fine rules now established by USPSA...although 9 to start would be niiiiiccceee!)

All kidding aside, I don't get it. What do you mean about 9? If it's a loaded chamber start, which it normally is, you do get 9 in the gun to start. Now as far as my memory goes, I can only remember the rules about 3 months back so USPSA has had this rule as long as I can remember :roflol:

I'm just glad we got away from the old SOF rule with 22" barrels tubes could only stick out an inch.

The IPSC standard division rule of 9 at the start, after the beep, it doesn't matter, so you can have a long tube if you wish you only get to start with 9 in the gun (8 rounds for a empty chamber start). I hear ya about remembering rules thats why I have to read them each time :rolleyes: