Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 INTERNATIONAL POASTAL MATCH

Yes its time once again for the 2010 ICORE International Postal Match. Anybody can shoot the match, you do not need to be a member of ICORE to take part. This year along with Open and Limited we have included a Retro division.

Go to www.icore.org and get up to date on the rules if you need. You have until the 31st of December to get a score in, so download yourself a copy of the match package a give it a go.

Get out there and have some wheel fun.

Paul Kennedy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ICORE INTERNATIONAL 2010 POSTAL MATCH will take place at least in 4 different clubs in Italy!

They were only 2 in 2009 edition, with 20 or so entries.

Hope to get 50-60 this year, thanks also to the new Retro ( named Classic here, as retro has some "strange" meanings in Italy).

I am confident to expand the number of hosting clubs to Center and South Italy, may be not this year, but that's the way it should work: files of results make hundreds or thousands of Kilometers (FREE!) not the shooters!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Please pardon my ignorance, but I'm a new (4 months this week!) revolver shooter and am interested in learning more about this ICORE Postal Match. I have looked over the website information and it appears that I don't have to be a member to participate in this (and would nonmembers be given an official score)? Also, I assume I would be in the "Classic" Division since I currently shoot SSR in IDPA with speedloaders? If I've never shot - or even seen - an ICORE match before, is trying the Postal Match as my first introduction to ICORE a bad idea? If not, how many speedloaders and carriers would I need, and where should they be carried on my belt? Sorry for all the newbie questions (I didn't see these items clearly addressed in the rule book online), but thanks in advance for any advice, suggestions, etc., and if there is any further information I need to know in order to hopefully not make too much of a fool of myself if I try this event, please feel free to let me know! Thanks.

Hi Folks,

Please pardon my ignorance, but I'm a new (4 months this week!) revolver shooter and am interested in learning more about this ICORE Postal Match. I have looked over the website information and it appears that I don't have to be a member to participate in this (and would nonmembers be given an official score)? Also, I assume I would be in the "Classic" Division since I currently shoot SSR in IDPA with speedloaders? If I've never shot - or even seen - an ICORE match before, is trying the Postal Match as my first introduction to ICORE a bad idea? If not, how many speedloaders and carriers would I need, and where should they be carried on my belt? Sorry for all the newbie questions (I didn't see these items clearly addressed in the rule book online), but thanks in advance for any advice, suggestions, etc., and if there is any further information I need to know in order to hopefully not make too much of a fool of myself if I try this event, please feel free to let me know! Thanks.

The Postal match for ICORE is open to all revo shooters, You do not have to be a member to shoot it or get a score. The speedloaders can be carried anywhere on your belt you desire. A holster must cover the trigger and cannot have the butt of the revo lower than the belt line. I cannot remember the stages offhand but maybe 5 or 6 loaders is all that you should need. And so far I have not had enough information that I was not able to make a fool of myself whenever I shot. It's a game, have fun, giggle and be safe. Later rdd

Whoa, you sure provoked a looong reply from Mr. Bubber, there!

The postal stages are something more akin to classifiers, or standards as they might be called in USPSA.

They have less movement than what we think of for field courses; more like the old '70s box-to-box sort of design.

But for a newer competitor, that's actually good. There's a bit less to memorize in terms of stage planning so you can keep the targets in sight.

Since you're already experienced in IDPA SSR, though, I'd say stop thinking and start stapling targets up.

Actually, when I describe ICORE to other action pistol shooters, I call it USPSA gone six-shot neutral but with more demand for center-ring accuracy. In ICORE's time-down scoring (really, more akin to IDPA's), if you get a C (charlie), that's kind of bad. Get four charlies on a field course and you're toast- eight seconds are added to your stage time.

The accuracy emphasis tends to mitigate the slowness of the constant reloading.

If you can shoot a match all alphas and bravos, you'll be way near the top overall, no matter what else you do (apart from procedurals, of course).

Well, we sure hope you're gonna be there! :D

The CoF is available on-line (see link), so you can read up on it ahead of time, and even run through it a bit. Looks like you can get by with 3 speedloaders on your belt (plus the 6 in your gun) for 3 of the 4 stages. Stage 4 is a 36 round stage, so you'd need 5 loaders. If you don't have enough, I and others can give you ours for your run. I also have a few new-still-in-the-box CompIIIs for your 686 if you're interested.

See you soon!

Tom

http://www.lagator.org/Clubs/LSS/ICORE/Stages/2009_ICORE_International_Postal_Match.pdf

Paul, did you say TWICE?!? I think I can make it at least ONCE...I'll TRY to drag Tony along...an' mebbe' Missus' 3-5-7, too...good to hear!!!....mikey357

Yep, Twice. Some of us are going to shoot it once with our moons and again with speedloaders.

Come on down.

Please get the mooning out of the way this weekend. I'll be working the IPSC Nationals at Columbia and will miss this match so do all your mooning while I'm gone.

Paul

Mikey/Tony, Sorry to miss you this time, maybe ya'all can come back the end of the month.

Pinetucky Gun Club(Augusta GA) will be running this twice, Oct 2 and Oct 30. Tony, Mikey, ya'all up for this?

Paul

Had a whopping 3 people turnout for today's match. I am glad it was a simple match to setup.

But, I guess I will continue to run these things , as I do enjoy shooting the revo with other revo's when they show up :D

• 5 weeks later...

We had 11 shooters at Caswell Ranch for Postal Match today, this is like a world record !!!! Thanks to Dean and Bev for putting on the match (at a sure loss for them) but they might have turned a small profit if all the folks that said they wanted ICORE back at Caswell came out and actually shot with us. I for one enjoyed shooting with those that showed up, a great bunch of people and we even had a new to action shooter come out that does not even own a revo yet, and shot a borrowed gun and gear and ammo from some of us.

I shot the match with my Classic gun, a 686 and Comp IIIs and Jetloaders. I had a great time but it was the first day shooting the gun with new sights. Is that a good enough excuse?

I don't run fast from box to box because of my leg braces but the boxes are close.

I finished the match 2nd in the Classic of 10 shooters. I shot a 103.

We had 24 shooters. Two shot Open the rest shot Limited.

Rio Salado is suppose to put on the Postal Match in Nov. I hope to do better. I wish they would use it for classifiers I really want to get my Classic Classification.

I am a little embarrassed to post my score with you guys, but I shot a 126.82 in limited . Only thing I would do different if I were to shoot it over, would be to use minor powered loads. I just shot it with my USPSA major load :blush:

I wish we would have had a larger turnout for our match though. We only had 4 shooters.

I shot the match with my Classic gun, a 686 and Comp IIIs and Jetloaders. I had a great time but it was the first day shooting the gun with new sights. Is that a good enough excuse?

I don't run fast from box to box because of my leg braces but the boxes are close.

I finished the match 2nd in the Classic of 10 shooters. I shot a 103.

We had 24 shooters. Two shot Open the rest shot Limited.

Rio Salado is suppose to put on the Postal Match in Nov. I hope to do better. I wish they would use it for classifiers I really want to get my Classic Classification.

103, very nicely done !!!!

I am a little embarrassed to post my score with you guys, but I shot a 126.82 in limited . Only thing I would do different if I were to shoot it over, would be to use minor powered loads. I just shot it with my USPSA major load :blush:

I wish we would have had a larger turnout for our match though. We only had 4 shooters.

Look at the bright side, if you have 6 shooters next time you went up 50% !!!! we had 11 and I thought we would only have 5 or 6. I shot minor for the first time and it was nice, my 625 is down for repair and I went Classic with the 686, speedloaders take some time to get used to, but the lack of recoil from major was nice for a change.

Hi John, only one Club return from Down Under.

Good to see that a lot of Classic shooters shot the match with Dean.

124 shooters have shot this match so far. If you have not shot it yet, download a copy of the stages from the icore web site and give it a try. You know you want to give it a try otherwise you would not be reading this would you !!!

Didn't do so well the first time ?? Your welcome to shoot the match again.

We are starting to get better weather over here so my Club will run the match in December.

PK