Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cutting coils off ISMI Glock recoil spring?

Pro2AInPA

I have a 13lb ISMI spring on a Jager rod in my G35. The gun also has a light striker spring as part of the Vanek trigger.

I worked up an excellent light .40 load, but I get some failures related to the slide not moving far enough to the rear. Can I cut one or two coils off the ISMI spring, or should I just get an 11lb spring?

Matt Burkett says he runs a 13# minus 4 coils in the G34 but may not be necessary to cut with the new 11# ISMI.

Matt's G35 is a 15# minus 3 coils in Limited according to his website.

Shooting minor, you have two choices: cut some coils off or bump the load up. I recommend bumping the load up. Next best is cutting a few coils off. I used to do this with my G34, but now just load hotter. I don't recommend going to an 11 lb spring.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I recently added a ISMI #11 in my Glock 34 that I use in IDPA/SSP using the Polymenr Jager rod. I have only shot it once using 124 Grain Ranger, but I seem to like it much better than the stock spring and rod.

Do any of you recommend the Atlanta Arms 147 grain 9mm?

I am trying to find a source of reliable ammunition, since I do not reload, and am trying to stay away from full power factory loads. Right now I am shooting about 5-6 times a month in various competitions.

Thanks

I recently added a ISMI #11 in my Glock 34 that I use in IDPA/SSP using the Polymenr Jager rod. I have only shot it once using 124 Grain Ranger, but I seem to like it much better than the stock spring and rod.

Do any of you recommend the Atlanta Arms 147 grain 9mm?

I am trying to find a source of reliable ammunition, since I do not reload, and am trying to stay away from full power factory loads. Right now I am shooting about 5-6 times a month in various competitions.

Thanks

I'm shooting the remanufactured Atlanta Arms & Ammo 147gr FMJ rounds (I9147). 100% reliability with a 13lb ISMI on the factory guide rod in my G34. I'm tempted to try the 11lb ISMI, but the 13lb is working very well for me.

-Randy

Hello: I know team Glock uses Atlanta Arms 147 grain bullets. I think Atlanta Arms call it there team Glock ammo. You need to start reloading since you can tailer your loads to your liking. I like the 121 grain Montana Gold bullets personally. Thanks, Eric