Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Iron side sights

RiggerJJ

My search turned up nothing???

Looking for a way to install my iron sights setup (A2 rear, globe front on a gasblock just behind the comp) at 10 o-clock (I'm a lefty) so I can put a scope on the top.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

jj

That's not an option, those have sights built in.

I want to use my existing sights, just cant them off to the side and maintain bore height. One option is to loosen the gasblock the front is on and cant it off to the side, just need a 45* rear mount?

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Would a Daniel Defense 1 o'clock offset mounted on the rail behind your scope line up with your front sight set up? I use this, but with a Dr. optic on it for a secondary optic in open division.

This one works for mounting the irons at 2:00 I believe, so flipped around backwards it should work for a southpaw.

http://yankeehillmachine.com/store/rails.html

Would a Daniel Defense 1 o'clock offset mounted on the rail behind your scope line up with your front sight set up? I use this, but with a Dr. optic on it for a secondary optic in open division.

Now we're talkin! couple of these, mount the sights, and they should get me where I want to go AND maintain bore height...

Thanks Bryan and Bob!

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

JJ

Take a look at the firebird forums. Jim makes an offset mount. I don't know if he has a backwards model yet for you lefties but he might since Nanci shoots rifle left handed. Better yet, give him a call.

J-Ho

JJ

Take a look at the firebird forums. Jim makes an offset mount. I don't know if he has a backwards model yet for you lefties but he might since Nanci shoots rifle left handed. Better yet, give him a call.

J-Ho

yea, called him. the lefty version is still pending...

jj

JJ

J-Ho

yea, called him. the lefty version is still pending...

jj

JJ,

Almost anything can be modified!