Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Confession, DQ'd today!

9x21

So today, feeling a little burnt out,

I skip the NE IDPA regional's, and at the last minute decide to go shoot a local IDPA match.

Stage 5, on LMR, I touched one off,

My error, no excuse!

Show clear , pack up my stuff and crawl home.

conditions:

I was shooting SSP, using a CZ75.

Knowingly having to HOLD the Hammer, Pull the trigger, to let the hammer down.

(not a decocker)

I have done this hundreds of times.

Lesson,

lose focus for a second!

bad things happen.

luckily, shot went down range at mid chest level.

Safe a AD?, no such thing really.........

Edited by 9x21

as long as you LEARN from that mistake. far too many people coming into this sport of late(my opinion) are taking gun handling skills waaaay too casual, and dont learn from the mistakes, in your thread you said you have been shooting for a while and this was a first, so you are waaay above the current curve

Did it slip through your fingers or did you just have a "moment" and pull the trigger without letting the hammer down?

JT

I had hold of the hammer with my left thumb & index finger, I think it actually slipped free as I released the trigger. The slide bit my lttle finger of my left hand as a reminder.

Simply needed more attention.

Edited by 9x21

Did it slip through your fingers or did you just have a "moment" and pull the trigger without letting the hammer down?

JT

I had hold of the hammer with my left thumb & index finger, I think it actually slipped free as I released the trigger. The slide bit my lttle finger of my left hand as a reminder.

Simply needed more attention.

Ya, I have a Tanfo and that was always a fear...

JT

John,

That gun is a Limited, Minor gun, not production. You shot squirt guns in the past, and you never lowered a hammer on them, except to make it go Bang! Shoot something plastic for SSP.

Sorry about the D.Q. though.

If you want, I loan my M&P to shoot Production.

Edited by Dan Sierpina

• 2 weeks later...

I have DQ'ed 3 times since 92. All were at major matches with lots of travel expense and entry fee. DQ'ed once in Tx. at a 3 day match and I did it on the 2nd Stage. Ran by a Target and then saw it Swung my pistol around and broke 180 RO said. I was with another guy so I just sat and helped for 3 days. Would have gone home if I could have found a Plane. Other 2 were AD's on steel trying to get that o.7 first shot. Works most of the time.

Max TY-21921

Happens to everyone. I got DQ'd at a 3-gun match. I was the first shooter on the first stage of the day. Stage called for pistol first, reholster and go the the rifle. The last postition with the rifle was prone cause you had to shoot through a port. When I stood up to show clear with the rifle, my handgun was laying on the ground, fell out of my holster. Oh well, live and learn, I changed holsters after that match.

• 7 months later...