Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Aftermarket Extended Mag. Release

Nemesis Lead

Guys,

I run a G35 in Limited 10 and have to twist my hand a little to activate the Glock (i.e., extended) magazine release. I would rather not do this.

I am wondering if any of you have any experience with the aftermarket mag releases that are as long as the Glock extended release but extend a little further back (i.e., toward the shooter)?

I know that T.H.E. Accessories, Aro-tek, Ghost, Cylinder and Slide, and JP Enterprizes make such releases. Are they any good? Does one stand out? Does one suck? I am missing a good one in my list?

NOTE--I am sincerely interested in hearing if you have had problems with any of these. I am particularly concerned about picking guns up of off tables and activating the release or activating the release while shooting left handed, etc.. If these are common problems......I will probably just stick with the factory parts.

Edited by Nemesis Lead

I have 2 G35s set up for USPSA, Over the years, I have tried them all and I prefer the JP and then THE accessories. My primary G35 has the JP and I have never had any issues weak handed or off the table.

I have used THE accessories and the glockmeister extended mag release, one on either of my two glocks, and I like them both. They have the tear drop shape that extends back towards the rear of the gun instead of just sticking straight out more. I have had no problems with either of them. The piece that is in the gun is polymer with a metal button that is screwed into the polymer piece with two screws.