Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM09-12 Any Given Sunday

This is a new classifier, so no data on it yet.

Shot it in 4.09 down 4, Open. Should be somewhere in the 90's but probably not 100%. Will post % when I find out.

Shot all targets from the right side of the barricade, friggin' Alpha-Charlie on every target. Noticed my comp cracked on both sides of the first port before practice the next day - must have happened during the match! Only one week until Area 1, things have a way of breaking just before bigger matches.

This one can easily be in the 3.XX range, we had a rather cold temp that day so everyone was slower.

09-12.gif

Edited by sperman
Added Stage Diagram

• 2 weeks later...

Shot all targets from the right side of the barricade,

Did you feel that the left target was kind of a stretch to get to?

Shot it last Sunday, Open, in 9.26, down 3 pts. HF of 3.9957

It was pretty warm that day and we were all feeling it.

Shot from right to left around right side of the barricade, left-most target from left side of it.

And.... It was my first day shooting that particular gun.

Definitely not record-breaking, but it was good enough to pull 100% as far as club results go.

Not at all. I am short, shooting Limited. I felt that slowing down a bit and shooting all from the right side allowed for better overall hits. Key is proper placement within the box so that the left wrist is on the edge of the barricade (not touching) which gives the least amount of lean out, especially with the right knee bent quite a bit. My transition was .35 whereas better shooters who shot the last target from the left side had transitions that were about 1 second. I'll take .65 seconds on a 10 HF stage anyday.

See for yourself :)

Looks like we shot exactly the same classifier with MarkCO ;)

5.15, down 2 pts, 7.3786 HF, Open division. I'm B but I expect this to be a C score.

I took all shots from the right side of the barricade but I'm not 100% convinced it's faster than transitioning across it.

Cactus Combat Match League shot this Jun 6. Assuming my arithmetic is correct and they don't change the HHF in a single month, I get

Bret 88.96%

Hannu 98.87%

MarkCO 65.43%

a.roberts 40.38%

monster 74.58%

Sorry colt, but nobody shot revo that day :roflol:

Now if I could just find a club that shot 09-14 last month.. God give me patience, and I want it right now!

Brad

Edited by beerad

Cactus Combat Match League shot this Jun 6. Assuming my arithmetic is correct and they don't change the HHF in a single month, I get

Bret 88.96%

Hannu 98.87%

MarkCO 65.43%

a.roberts 40.38%

monster 74.58%

Sorry colt, but nobody shot revo that day :roflol:

Now if I could just find a club that shot 09-14 last month.. God give me patience, and I want it right now!

Brad

Thanks much Brad!

5.15, down 2 pts, 7.3786 HF, Open division. I'm B but I expect this to be a C score.

I took all shots from the right side of the barricade but I'm not 100% convinced it's faster than transitioning across it.

Boy I guessed wrong, this worked out to 74.5750%

Everyone seems surprised that their percentages on these new classifiers are so high. Makes me wonder if the HHFs ought to be reevaluated.

I think once the new classifies get shot by more M and GM shooters the HHF will go up quite a bit.

Joe W.

Everyone seems surprised that their percentages on these new classifiers are so high. Makes me wonder if the HHFs ought to be reevaluated.

I think once the new classifies get shot by more M and GM shooters the HHF will go up quite a bit.

Joe W.

Right but people who received classifications at the lower HHFs won't get bumped down, will they.

Not everyone. A few of my shooting friends were disappointed in the percentage they ended up with. Most of those shot from both sides.

Edited by MarkCO

From what I understand, once you shoot a classifier THAT is your percentage. It doesn't matter if some 12 year old GM shoots it in half the time you did, your percentage is locked. One of the local guys shot a classifier 100% but it was later topped by quite a few shooters but to this day it still shows as 100% on his classifiers. But because he has shot so many classifiers since then it is no longer used for his overall classification.

Joe W.

Shot this one Saturday at PSAC, 6.31, down 4 for a HF of 5.7052 in Limited. 69.3% in local results, guessing about 55%.

National percentage ended up @ 63.4284

Ackkk! I saw your % was different than I calculated, so I thought they changed the HHF slightly. Then Monster posted and it was the same as I had calculated. So, I looked back at my spreadsheet, and I made a simple typo. I said 65.43, but the spreadsheet says 63.43. Glad it wasn't any worse than that :rolleyes:

Brad

My score seems to be 98.3374% so it is slightly different than 98.87% calculated above. I mean, slightly :)

Sounds like a great run to me.

Joe W.

Edited for the DOPE I should have read the whole thread factor.

Edited by joecichlid

From what I understand, once you shoot a classifier THAT is your percentage. It doesn't matter if some 12 year old GM shoots it in half the time you did, your percentage is locked. One of the local guys shot a classifier 100% but it was later topped by quite a few shooters but to this day it still shows as 100% on his classifiers. But because he has shot so many classifiers since then it is no longer used for his overall classification.

Joe W.

That is correct. Once I checked some old classifier percentages vs actual score shot. Even though HF's had changed the original classifier score still stayed the same.

That is correct. Once I checked some old classifier percentages vs actual score shot. Even though HF's had changed the original classifier score still stayed the same.

Thanks for the information, I wasn't 100% sure. Now I know. :cheers:

Joe W.