• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To clear cookies go to Settings>Safari>scroll don til you see the following:

Clear History

Clear Cookies

Clear Cache

I cleared everyone and it made no differece. I installed the IPB app and it looks the same but I am able to login since it ask for a password when creating the forum listing. The app has a forum listing but only the link to the main forum does what it's supposed to do. If you click messages you will be taken to the main forum pages rather than your inbox.

Let me know if you figure anything out.

I did it all- thanks! But same o same o.

I get the main page of the forum,but no

that if it aint broken-don't try and fix

it :sight:

Same here - mobile versions (IPhone and Blackberry) are not working properly.

Same here - mobile versions (IPhone and Blackberry) are not working properly.

I don't think it is broken. I think that's all we get with the 'mobile version' of the forum. Features that we all like (view new, login, messages) are not part of the current 'mobile version'.

You have to find a way to force your mobile device to access the 'standard version' of the web page (by modifying the devices settings), or wait for improvements or changes to the mobile version.

Oh, and the iphone app (IPBoard) does have some of the good features, but I can't get them to work. I'd say that was a bug somewhere.

Edited by Jeff686

I had the same problem with my iphone. I turned off Javascript and it allowed me to sign in, access messenger, etc. It's still in the "mobile" mode and doesn't work great, but that at least allowed me to get PMs and see new posts.

Settings --> Safari --> JavaScript (toggle to off).

I don't know what JavaScript is but this seems to work. I got this idea off the Droid phone thread somewhere.

Surge- Yup- I turned off the java and I can now

But your right- it looks like another version of

the forum- can't enlarge the words either!

On the main page (from your iPhone) there should be an option to switch to the regular forum, at the bottom of the screen. Is it there such an option or is it missing. It basically allows you to override the lo-fi version and use the regular forum as you would on a Mac/PC.

Have thrown in the rag for the iphone!

But now on the PC all I get is no new content!

I can't beleive that in the last hour there

have been no new topics. What the h--l is

going on here???????????????????????????

Have thrown in the rag for the iphone!

But now on the PC all I get is no new content!

I can't beleive that in the last hour there

have been no new topics. What the h--l is

going on here???????????????????????????

There is a separate thread on that topic. I have submitted a ticket on it.

be

I see some how it can clear up clutter but I like to see the sub topics and last poster section when I scroll through the forums. I am on my iPhone now and just kept going through pages until I found this. When I have ran into this other times, the bottom of the page will have a link titled desktop view which will let me acces the regular site. That would help me switch when I wanted.

Brian,

I wonder if the problem with the mobile devices is that they are being forced into the IP.Board Mobile skin setting.

I found this information on the Invision board, I don't know what is selected at the moment but if Users were allowed to switch between DEFAULT and MOBILE then I think the option will appear at the bottom of the forum to enable them to switch to the regular skin when accessing from a mobile device.

Here's the link to the page on Invision --> CLICK

After addding my username and password to the IPB app and then clicking the messenger tab I was prompted to log in to the forum. I entered my username and password on that screen and my pm's opened up. Don't seem to have lost any just a little tough to find.

This is my absolute favorite place online. Thanks for all the effort you put into it Brian, and you too BritinUSA. It's very much appreciated.

Kevin