Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prizes in matches

j33716

I like the way Jake did it at the Indiana State/Section match. Reading his posts above lets me know just how hard he worked to make it appear so easy. Plus, I think he broke the State/Section all time attendance level again, nationwide.

Kudos Jake!

I kinda like the OPTION of adding the extra money if you want and splitting it among the winners. I'd do that! Seems easier to pull off.

To those that hate the grab bag method because the feel the stuff is just gonna collect dust, I've never had that experience.

Benchmade knife, WileyX glasses(3 lens'), Montanna Gold Bullets several times, Fobus holsters, Kydex holsters, and Starline brass, just to name the highlights. Guess I'm either lucky, or I've had great Section Coordinators. I think it's a combo, I don't want Jakes head to get any bigger!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Get rid of the prize tables all together, give out donated stuff IAW the wishes of the people doing the donatng. Lower the entry fees rather than give cash payouts, Give out plaques, mugs, or trophies for class winners, and division winners. Oh and dont let people change divisions at registration I have never heard of such a thing, most matches have a registration deadline.

I understand your thoughts on the prizes but help me understand not allowing the change of division. I have had to do this myself because of a gun break.

What's the reasoning?

Put em all in black plastic bags and the shooters file through and get the "prize."cheers.gif

What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

Merlin, don't these two lines in your post contradict each other?

Give the prizes to the worst shooters, they need em more. ;)

If you're spending all this time and money in an effort to win prizes, your time is better spend elsewhere.

Put em all in black plastic bags and the shooters file through and get the "prize."cheers.gif

What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

Merlin, don't these two lines in your post contradict each other?

Now now.... Lets not act like a writer for the NY Times and start picking and choosing and using statements about totally different subjects to make a invalid point about someone. cool.gif

Put em all in black plastic bags and the shooters file through and get the "prize."

M :cheers: erlin has it .

Before the match at registration, is first preference, Loved the way Area 4 did it in 2009 at double tap.

Anyway that allows shooters to shoot the match and leave is good.

If you win a trophy, they will mail it to you.

If the prize table matters that much, pick the matches that work the way you want and don't go to the others , it will all sort out. :cheers:

This is how I prefer them. Courtesy of the 2010 ProAm Shooting Championship. I finished 5th B in limited and 1st C in open. Order of finish is the only way to go.

SANY0026.jpg

It still is a little odd to get to walk the prize table before the much better GM, M, A, and B shooters but it is really nice to go out and win your division and win a gun too.