Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help...My G35 Went full auto on me!

ChopperDoc

I was doing double tap drills with my G35. Several times while double tapping it fired a third round. I know I didn't pull the trigger a third time. This happened 3 or 4 times, all with different magazines. I bought the 35 used at a gun show a while back and have put approx 400 factory rounds and 400 light reloads down the tube. I don't know the history prior to my ownership but it was very clean looking when I go it. Didn't look abused at all. I was shooting 3.2 grains of clays with a 180 grian jacketed bullet when this happened.

I took it apart and the firing pin didn't look peened(slam fire..)

The safety in the trigger in my G17 feels less "springier". I'm thinking the spring in the trigger/safety has collaspsed.

Anyone familiar with this problem? Cures?

Thanks

Vic

Edited by ChopperDoc

Thank goodness it didnt dump the mag on you. Do you know if the trigger is stock? I think light springs and or a (-) connecter would make it easier to bump fire under recoil. As it happened while you were doing double taps you may not be coming off the trigger and touching it as the gun comes out of recoil.

Try consciously coming off the trigger slow fire (with just 2 rounds in the mag.... in case!!) and see how it behaves. This is not an uncommon operator induced error. If it still doubles, give Glock a call. They have great customer service.

Addict

Thank goodness it didnt dump the mag on you. Do you know if the trigger is stock? I think light springs and or a (-) connecter would make it easier to bump fire under recoil. As it happened while you were doing double taps you may not be coming off the trigger and touching it as the gun comes out of recoil.

Try consciously coming off the trigger slow fire (with just 2 rounds in the mag.... in case!!) and see how it behaves. This is not an uncommon operator induced error. If it still doubles, give Glock a call. They have great customer service.

Addict

This.

ChopperDoc,

Yikes, it really gets your attention when a semi goes full-auto! I've seen this occur when a trigger housing with an overtravel adjustment was adjusted with not enough overtravel or when the engagement portion of the trigger bar was compromised. Check to see any after market parts were installed in the pistol or maybe if there is excessive wear on the portion of the trigger bar that comes in contact with the firing pin tang.

RH

As I mentioned bought this 35 used. I have no idea what springs/parts are in it. all the parts look factory. As inexpensive as factory glock parts are, I think im going to just order a new trigger/bar assembly, a 3.5# connector and some new springs. Can anyone tell me what # connector comes in a stock 35? I load light loads and am thinking about a 13lb spring. Is this a good idea?

Thanks for all the quick replies

• 3 weeks later...

Does it have a trigger stop? I had a g-22 go auto on me after I put in a trigger stop. I used loctite but it still worked loose and came forward. I have a hole with a screw in it that is now just added weight.

Before you get all new parts make sure the 2 metal slide rails on the frame are ok. I had one crack and the slide would ride up and release the striker :surprise:

I swapped out the trigger assy with the one in my 17 and shot a match last week. no problems . Going to order the new trigger assy as soon as I decide what to do as far as making the 35 or my 17 an open gun. trying to place one big parts order, I just can't make up my mind what to order.