Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac Pro Shooting Center Fall 3Gun

Tac Pro Shooting Center has moved their Fall 3Gun to an earlier date for 2010.

The match is scheduled for Saturday, September 11th, 2010.

Tac Pro Shooting Center is located 60 miles west of Fort Worth, Texas (32.436627,-98.355145)

Fee = $75 for non-members

Approximately 90 Shooters

6 - Stages (Most are Jungle Run & Surprise - No Bays)

Great Prize Table an Sponsors

Details and Calendar

Contact Info for Entries

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tac Pro Shooting Center has moved their Fall 3Gun to an earlier date for 2010.

The match is scheduled for Saturday, September 11th, 2010.

Tac Pro Shooting Center is located 60 miles west of Fort Worth, Texas (32.436627,-98.355145)

Fee = $75 for non-members

Approximately 90 Shooters

6 - Stages (Most are Jungle Run & Surprise - No Bays)

Great Prize Table an Sponsors

Details and Calendar

Contact Info for Entries

Can you show up sign in and shoot and do you have open div ?? Larry

There is no open division. No optics allowed on pistols or shotguns for this match. We do split iron sighted rifles and optic sighted rifles for scoring. I highly recommend signing up before hand. The match is typically full two to three weeks before match date.

Monte

:cheers: I am looking forward to it. Any ideas on round counts and distances.

Round counts are usually on the low side (if you hit everything that you aim at) and distances vary. Tac Pro stages are usually in natural terrain, not in bays.

You can usually get by on less than 75 rounds each for all guns. It is a quick, FUN, and challenging match.

Attached is an entry form for the Tac Pro match on September 11th. No forms on the website yet, but this is what I use to enter for each match. Don't know what the hold up is?

You can send entries to: email@tacproshootingcenter.com

Cheers,

Kyle

TacPro Blank 3Gun Entry Form.doc

Edited by DocMcG

I was just reading the rules before I mailed in my application.

Do you typically need a sling for your rifle and/or shotgun?

It says IDPA type holster restrictions in the rules. Does that mean I need to get rid of the DOH on my bldetech or are they simply trying to keep the chest rigs and other sweep yourself and those around you type holters.

Jesse

Slings:

Tac Pro is very concerned with having a tactically sound match because that is there business. I have seen guys have to retain a shotgun with one hand while shooting pistol with the other because they did not pack a sling. We typically have to transition between firearms without abandoning them. I would have a sling for rifle and shotgun just in case.

Handgun:

From my experience at Tac Pro they are concerned with the retention of the handgun. I have a friend who was DQ'ed because his holster failed to retain during a rifle stage when he went from prone to another position.

Hope this helps! Looking forward to meeting you.

Kyle

I was just reading the rules before I mailed in my application.

Do you typically need a sling for your rifle and/or shotgun?

It says IDPA type holster restrictions in the rules. Does that mean I need to get rid of the DOH on my bldetech or are they simply trying to keep the chest rigs and other sweep yourself and those around you type holters.

Jesse,

I don't know if there will be slugs required at this match yet. If they are, I'll let post it as soon as I find out. You won't need more than ten or so slugs (if you don't miss ;) ). Otherwise, you can use bird or buck at your discretion. You will be able to shoot all of the non slug targets with a cylinder bore gun using birdshot.

In regards to holsters, the DOH is fine. We're just looking to make sure that you do not lose the pistol. No shoulder or cross draw rigs allowed, though (safety reasons).

If you transition from a rifle or shotgun to a pistol, you will have to retain the long gun. You can carry it and shoot the pistol one handed (which is what I usually do with the scattergun) or you can sling it (my preference for the rifle).

No round count as of yet. Typically, if you bring 100 rifle, 100 pistol and 100 birdshot, you should have more than enough.

Monte

This will be my first time at the Tac Pro 3-gun and am looking forward to a good one day match.

The rules on shotgun capacity say no more than 8 in the gun. My M1 Benelli holds 8 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber for a total of 9.

Do I need to put a plug in the mag tube so it only holds 7?

This will be my first time at the Tac Pro 3-gun and am looking forward to a good one day match.

The rules on shotgun capacity say no more than 8 in the gun. My M1 Benelli holds 8 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber for a total of 9.

Do I need to put a plug in the mag tube so it only holds 7?

No, they just say load no more than 8.

Any hotel recommendations?

Krieghoff,

The best hotels are in Stephenville. I place guests at the Hampton Inn because it is the nicest in town. The La Quinta and Holiday Inn Express are new as well. PM me if you want specifics.

Cheers,

Kyle

Can anyone from Tac Pro clarrify a rule for me?

Last year, a squadmate had a saiga 12 bone stock (No comp, no optic, straight stock, 8 rnd mag) and was told by an RO that he could not use it per the Tac Pro rules. The rules for shotgun on the entry form/online sight state nothing regarding magazine fed shotguns (which is what the RO stated were not allowed). So, are magazine fed shotguns allowed so long as they meet ALL other specifications of the entry form and rules?

Thanks

Can anyone from Tac Pro clarrify a rule for me?

Last year, a squadmate had a saiga 12 bone stock (No comp, no optic, straight stock, 8 rnd mag) and was told by an RO that he could not use it per the Tac Pro rules. The rules for shotgun on the entry form/online sight state nothing regarding magazine fed shotguns (which is what the RO stated were not allowed). So, are magazine fed shotguns allowed so long as they meet ALL other specifications of the entry form and rules?

Thanks

Interesting. I am planning on bringing my S12. It is converted to pistol grip and has nicer sights and stock on it but that is it (no comps, optics). I used this same gun at the Larue match and no one cared as long as I never loaded more than nine in the gun (I used 8 rd magazines).

One of the reasons the guys at Larue did not care is that they purposefully wrote the rules and course of fire to make it very challenging for magazine shotguns. These included no slugs loaded until after the buzzer and a generous mix of slug/shot targets. They did a good job too because it was challenging to plan for with the S12 and shoot. Lots of fun though.

jrmock