Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Spiders are right up there."
Spiders I can generally do without, yes. Anything that can bite me and inflict misery or death is NOT my friend, so I think the "fear" is normal and natural.

I had what they call 'night terrors' (extremely bad dreams) about spiders throughout childhood. I thought they were over with until a few years ago when I realized I was still having them. Criminy, what did I do to deserve this subconscious aberration?!?!?!?!? I'm so sick of it. Will I have to live with this the rest of my life...?!?!?!?!? :surprise::surprise:

That was almost too much information, in my opinion.

post-1852-1187201616.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fell into one, while photographing a foursome including our editor and publisher, dumping about $5000 of camera equipment in the sand. They never blinked at the repair bill.....

I bet raking that b***h out took a long time :D heh heh....

Somehow being "unwhole" freaks me out a bit... ie, being maimed, or missing digits, limbs, etc... Just loosing my teeth due to a cyst really crapped on my parade for a while, but... :D

Spiders can be creepy (you should've seen the bad boy on my porch last night... yowza... good 3" across the legs), but don't do much to me... Snakes either... I don't like swimming in murky water, but otherwise am not bothered by water dwelling terrors... In fact, some day I'll do a shark dive w/ great whites... ;)

If I had to say what my one true fear is - its living a life based on fear, and therefore never really living ;)

Man vs Man with TGO with anything except slingshots :rolleyes:

Hell, that isn't unusual or irrational, but common sense :rolleyes::P

Heights get me everytime. Climbing 60' up ice covered metal steps to my watchtower in Germany was a nightmare. Shouldered my rifle and initiated the Vulcan death grip on the rail and did it.

I won't even go 8' up the ladder to hang Christmas lights on the eaves, I make the wife do it. Besides, the view is nice while I'm holding the ladder steady.:rolleyes:

Swimming in murky water gives me the willies.

I never had a problem with flying (even enjoyed it) until my daughter was born 4 years ago. Now every time, I get on a plane I have to say a little prayer.