Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hate the trigger on my SP-01

Ken Mays

to me, it ruins it because as you pull the trigger back it feels like my finger moves downwards instead of a straight line.

wardog, wish i could help ya.... but i'm sure if you talk to CZ USA they should be able to help you. if not, czcustom.com may be able to work something out for you. when there's a will, there's always a way.

if all else fails, buy an old CZ, swap the trigger, then sell the spare pistol. :D

That's bad news for me..

I tried the new style trigger and it's absolute crap. One of the reason I ordered a SP01 is for the trigger pull, and specifically for the old style trigger. The new one is similar to the one that Tanfoglio has in his pistols, and it's horrible, totally horrible..

Time to cancel order ASAP...

Since you're living in Europe it shouldn't be to difficult to get a trigger fron an old scrapped CZ (at least I did).

CDD-Ehrenreich in Germany sells CZ parts and charges 25 euro's for a trigger: http://www.asamnet.de/~ehrenred/ersatzt/brunb75.htm

Edited by pevadijk

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is NOT the original 85s trigger. A less curved trigger, absolutely, but the original one was thicker in the bottom part. and that thickness, togheter with a different radius lend to a comfortable pull. The thin bottom part defeat all.

Damn. I'm f...d

Cz custom was my only hope of acquiring a thick trigger.

That is NOT the original 85s trigger. A less curved trigger, absolutely, but the original one was thicker in the bottom part. and that thickness, togheter with a different radius lend to a comfortable pull. The thin bottom part defeat all.

Damn. I'm f...d

Cz custom was my only hope of acquiring a thick trigger.

Looks to me like it might be matching the true original trigger style. That is, the original trigger from the early pre-Bs. (Which IMO is really the best of all.)

Of course, the downside there is that if it is that profile, we might be SOL in using this for production, as I don't believe there was an overtravel-adjustable version of that very old-school trigger.

Yeah, very true.

I questioned Hobdell about the cz usa 85s triggers, he answered that the new one have the very same profile and curve of the old ones.

But they are THIN..damn.

The purpose is to set the back, but that defeate the purpose.

We long fingered ones loved the thick trigger because the set it forward, and the new one is less curved but THIN and set back?

On top is a mix and match of different styles, old shape with overtravel stop..A NO GO for production (and I doubt that anyone with a healthy mind would use a shadow for anything outside IPSC..).

I'm starting to curse the moment I bought a shadow..first the fit and finish, then the worst trigger pull in the world, next the curved trigger now the new is not production division usable..

I've ordered it but I envision a massive fail.

Well, after all I did not sold my g34, thanks god.. :ph34r: