Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fun With a texas Star

rupie

Ouch, what a way to attract new shooters to a club, with targets like that who needs enemies. BTW, what kind of grease do you guys use, I need to get some of that stuff.

Yes we explained to our first time shooter that this is unusually hard so don't think we do this a lot. He borrowed everything he used to shoot that day because he owns a compact carry setup, but the next day he bought the entire production rig. So he is helplessly hooked.

Really would have been fun with a revolver.

Isn't it too close? At 25 ft, I thought the nearest steel could be shot at is 11 yards.

The fault line is to the pepper poppers is 26 feet I misspoke.

Hello: You should have put 2 no shoots on either side :roflol: Thanks, Eric

Any hit on a a plate that went through a no-shoot would require a re-shoot due to range equipment failure(Rule 9.1.5.2). Paper no-shoots around steel is not a good idea.

The same goes for any shots that pass through the fence and hit a plate - re-shoot due to range equipment failure(Rule 9.1.6.2). With the mesh fencing it is hard to judge if any of the shots went through the cover. A solid wall in this particular case would make determination of any shots going through the wall a little easier (Though with the sheer number of the shots fired in the general area there will be enough holes in the cover to make adjudication of whether a given shot that hit a plate went through the cover difficult at best).

All that aside the stage is not a legal USPSA stage based on rule 1.2.1.2 :

“Medium Courses” must not require more than 16 rounds to

complete and no more than 3 shooting locations. Course design

and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from

any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all

targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.

Rules 9.1.5.2, 9.5.6.2 & 1.2.1.2 are not subject to the level I exemption.

Hello: You should have put 2 no shoots on either side :roflol: Thanks, Eric

Any hit on a a plate that went through a no-shoot would require a re-shoot due to range equipment failure(Rule 9.1.5.2). Paper no-shoots around steel is not a good idea.

The same goes for any shots that pass through the fence and hit a plate - re-shoot due to range equipment failure(Rule 9.1.6.2). With the mesh fencing it is hard to judge if any of the shots went through the cover. A solid wall in this particular case would make determination of any shots going through the wall a little easier (Though with the sheer number of the shots fired in the general area there will be enough holes in the cover to make adjudication of whether a given shot that hit a plate went through the cover difficult at best).

All that aside the stage is not a legal USPSA stage based on rule 1.2.1.2 :

“Medium Courses” must not require more than 16 rounds to

complete and no more than 3 shooting locations. Course design

and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from

any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all

targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.

Rules 9.1.5.2, 9.5.6.2 & 1.2.1.2 are not subject to the level I exemption.

If there was a mandatory reload (i didn't notice), it'd be a legal speed shoot.

If there was a mandatory reload (i didn't notice), it'd be a legal speed shoot.

Under what specific rules?

1.2.2.3 “Speed Shoot”-Courses of fire consisting of one continuous string of fire not exceeding

16 rounds shot on one or more arrays of multiple targets from a single location or view. No more

than 8 rounds may be required without a mandatory reload and no more than one mandatory

reload may be required in the course of fire. Stage may be scored either Comstock or Virginia

Count. See Rule 9.2.3.2

Edited by spanky

1.2.2.3 “Speed Shoot”-Courses of fire consisting of one continuous string of fire not exceeding

16 rounds shot on one or more arrays of multiple targets from a single location or view. No more

than 8 rounds may be required without a mandatory reload and no more than one mandatory

reload may be required in the course of fire. Stage may be scored either Comstock or Virginia

Count. See Rule 9.2.3.2

Huh? Where is that? Did I miss a new rulebook revision?

Count. See Rule 9.2.3.2

Huh? Where is that? Did I miss a new rulebook revision?

Well, kinda sorta. Updates, just no new revision.

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/Rule%20Changes%20030110.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

:surprise: What the heck kind of funky monkey snot did you guys have that thing lubed with?? Some sort of freaky mutant 0 weight slide glide? lol The only issue I see aside from the number of shots required from the one shoot area is that the star was not reset to the same location for all the shooters.

Joe W.

• 1 month later...