Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a case to hold AR and shotgun

The Voodoo and Condor bags are from the same maker. They are very well made. I pretty much exclusively use the Condor bags and love them. I've beat the crap out of mine and they just keep on trucking. I have both the 36" and the 42". I recommend them to everyone.

The double rifle bag would work great for what you're wanting to do, and the front zip panel has opposing pistol pockets. great three-gun bag. It has the backpack straps that have a tuck-away pocket. they are great bags.

that is all.

Edited by jeffsoward

• 4 weeks later...

They are a little over you're price limit, but I got got a Hardigg Fieldpak (which I believe are made for Hardigg by Eagle Industries) and they are designed to fit inside the 3100, 3220, or 3200 stormcases.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/storm-case-fieldpak-rifle-cases-soft-sided-bags-bag-only-black.html

http://www.militarycases.com/MobileArmory-FieldPak.html

• 3 weeks later...

Not under $100 ($200 retail) but darn good and guaranteed forever http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=52884/sku/3_Gun_Competition_Case__Black Has divider, straps, plus three pouches for gear, one with a padded pistol rug; handle plus backpack straps. Been using mine for two years, no problems. Shotgun is a 21" Benelli with a 9 round Nordic tube and it fits just fine.

Here is the Case that Sabre has been carrying for 5 or 6 years now..Funny but I think the cheaper(construction) version from Brownells is similar. I carried this around at the Panamerican Shotgun Championships. We are carrying these now on the website for $100.00. It is REALLY nice.

I have this one loaded with a Benelli, Rifle, MP9L. I asked Sabre where this bag has been for this whole time..I immediately decided that it was a product I had to offer. The key points are the Heavy Duty Zippers, The padding inside and the divider between the Rifles/Shotguns is very dense as is also the padding that protects it from outside dings, etc. It has a Heavy Duty Shoulder strap that also doubles as a strap for your AR mag pouch bug out kit. It is cover with ALL kinds of anchor point for velcro and retention straps for rifle, shotgun, bazooka, etc.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

T-VSpost-11497-064797400 1283267755_thumb.jp

Here is the Case that Sabre has been carrying for 5 or 6 years now..Funny but I think the cheaper(construction) version from Brownells is similar. I carried this around at the Panamerican Shotgun Championships. We are carrying these now on the website for $100.00. It is REALLY nice.

I have this one loaded with a Benelli, Rifle, MP9L. I asked Sabre where this bag has been for this whole time..I immediately decided that it was a product I had to offer. The key points are the Heavy Duty Zippers, The padding inside and the divider between the Rifles/Shotguns is very dense as is also the padding that protects it from outside dings, etc. It has a Heavy Duty Shoulder strap that also doubles as a strap for your AR mag pouch bug out kit. It is cover with ALL kinds of anchor point for velcro and retention straps for rifle, shotgun, bazooka, etc.

Is this their new version with the backpack straps?? The cases they had at BRM3G were really nice but they said version 2 would have backpack straps.

They are a little over you're price limit, but I got got a Hardigg Fieldpak (which I believe are made for Hardigg by Eagle Industries) and they are designed to fit inside the 3100, 3220, or 3200 stormcases.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/storm-case-fieldpak-rifle-cases-soft-sided-bags-bag-only-black.html

http://www.militarycases.com/MobileArmory-FieldPak.html

I too use the Hardigg fieldpack and IM3300... Great soft case except the shoulder strap is useless and no backpack straps.

Is this their new version with the backpack straps?? The cases they had at BRM3G were really nice but they said version 2 would have backpack straps.

There was talk about it, but i am not sure it is on the table for soon. We talked about carrying ease and pro/cons of backpack straps. with the design of the bag and the carrying configuration it would be difficult to have it hold all of you stuff with the security it does in this configuration. Nothing moves around inside the bag with the shoulder strap, but turn it 90degrees and stuff can/will shift downward. I personally like the shoulder strap configuration because of the ease of access to EVERYTHING in the bag. I carry Eberlestock for the adventurer in us to have the tactical backpack to carry stuff in, but all in all this is the easiest way to carry and access it, at least for me.

T-VS

There was talk about it, but i am not sure it is on the table for soon. We talked about carrying ease and pro/cons of backpack straps. with the design of the bag and the carrying configuration it would be difficult to have it hold all of you stuff with the security it does in this configuration. Nothing moves around inside the bag with the shoulder strap, but turn it 90degrees and stuff can/will shift downward. I personally like the shoulder strap configuration because of the ease of access to EVERYTHING in the bag. I carry Eberlestock for the adventurer in us to have the tactical backpack to carry stuff in, but all in all this is the easiest way to carry and access it, at least for me.

T-VS

+1 on the Sabre. Mine works great! I can actually fit a Winchester SX2 and Benelli M2 on one side, AR on the other and my handgun plus tools, random spare parts and some accessories.

• 1 month later...

BTW, here's the LINK to the Sportsman's Guide Voodoo bags.

Just got my 46" Voodoo Tactical Bag from Sportsman's Guide after following this discussion. Am well pleased with it (especially for the price....after coupons it was barely more than $50) - very well thought out design, and I love the extra webbing on the outside that will accept extra MOLLE pouches of your choice.

Thanks for the recommend!

Edited by DanielW

• 1 month later...

Saber Defense. Holds my 21 inch Benelli m2, 18 inch rifle, glock 17, 6 glock mags, 3 30rd PMAGs. All my 3-gun gear are in 1 bag except my ammo carriers, shotshells and holster. Those i carry in range bag.

http://www.velocityshooter.com/product_info.php?products_id=347

Heavy but if i do it less than 5 times in a year then should be okay. If i shoot more than that. I will invest in a Cart because 3 gun gear are heavy. Good workout though!!!

-raymond

Just got my 46" Voodoo Tactical Bag from Sportsman's Guide after following this discussion. Am well pleased with it (especially for the price....after coupons it was barely more than $50) - very well thought out design, and I love the extra webbing on the outside that will accept extra MOLLE pouches of your choice.

I can't say enough good things about the 46" Voodoo bag I got from SG a month ago! Tons of storage for accessories and guns. One thing I did add was a couple of SAW mag pouches (http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=556341). I can put extra boxes of shotgun shells in one and my PMAG coupled mags from Springer Precision in the other. :cheers:

I can't say enough good things about the 46" Voodoo bag I got from SG a month ago! Tons of storage for accessories and guns. One thing I did add was a couple of SAW mag pouches (http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=556341). I can put extra boxes of shotgun shells in one and my PMAG coupled mags from Springer Precision in the other. :cheers:

I added some extra pouches to mines as well - a 9 Magazine Pouch, a water bottle holder and a dump pouch...comes in handy for reorganizing ammo between stages:

P1030815.jpg

Only downside I'm finding with this bag is that with all the room, its tempting to put everything in there including the kitchen sink....it can get real heavy and/or unbalanced, so a bit of packing forethought is required!!

I added some extra pouches to mines as well - a 9 Magazine Pouch, a water bottle holder and a dump pouch...comes in handy for reorganizing ammo between stages:

Only downside I'm finding with this bag is that with all the room, its tempting to put everything in there including the kitchen sink....it can get real heavy and/or unbalanced, so a bit of packing forethought is required!!

That looks great! Where did you get those additional pouches at? I may need to add a few more to mine. I agree that you can easily overload the case beyond the point of being able to carry it.

That looks great! Where did you get those additional pouches at? I may need to add a few more to mine. I agree that you can easily overload the case beyond the point of being able to carry it.

Cheaper Than Dirt - http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemListing.aspx?catid=722&pagenumber=1

They've got all manner of pouches to choose from. You can find the same/similar on Ebay as well.

• 4 weeks later...

So you guys are able to get both your rifle and your shotgun into this Voodoo Tactical bag? If so, does it have two separate sections?...or do you put a pad in between each?

So you guys are able to get both your rifle and your shotgun into this Voodoo Tactical bag? If so, does it have two separate sections?...or do you put a pad in between each?

It easily accommodates both my AR and Remington 1100 with extended bolt handle and side saddle. Basically it zips/unzips down the center, when fully open you secure each weapon to each half of the bag with Velcro straps, there is a 1/4" - 3/8" divider pad that goes between the two halves of the bag when you zip it closed. In addition to the main rifle compartment the front portion of the bag has 3 large exterior pockets with lots of space for MOLLE gear. Also behind that section is an additional pouch (12"W x 20"L) that has two built in padded pistol pouches.

For Stage 1 of the FB3G I had my bag loaded up with:

18" JP-15 w scope

22" Rem 1100 with extended bolt handle and side saddle

M&P 9L w/ 5 mags

Springer XDM w/ 3 mags

four 30 round PMags

extra A2 lower receiver

ammo: 90 rounds .223, 35 shotgun, 100 rounds 9mm

I felt so bad for the guy hoisting my bag up via rope to the second floor for that stage. ;) The bag with safely and securely hold more gear than most people can physically carry. :cheers:

I'm going to try to get into Ironman and am seriously considering trooper class. It looks like the lack of a hip belt may make that rig uncomfortable if I were to have to carry it a long way. (Any idea what the longest walk between stages is at Ironman?) Do you think that voodoo bag could be strapped to another backpack? I have a really nice backcountry ski backpack that has a plastic panel with a metal stiffener between the back padding and the cargo area. I can carry a s&*$load of weight in it and it is perfect for the mandatory camelback bladder, snacks, and all the ammo I would need for the the 3 days.

I use to put everything in a Starlight case. Then went to a 5.11 Tactical 52" double case.

Both work well but I like hard case better as i tend to throw everything in the back of the truck and stuff slides around.

Like Spanky said, with a couple of G's worth of stuff, I'm not comfortable with using $ 20 gun show cases.