Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone here have...?

Luggo

Anyone here have (had) the Sevigny Competition sights on a Glock 34, with the .245 front sight height? The 34 is essentially a new gun, maybe 500-600 rounds, and I removed the stock sights.

If so, my very initial impression (approx 50 rounds) is that they .245 is too tall and the pistol is low when I level the top edges of the rear and the top of the front. If it's me (and it well could be) I'd like to know.

Hard to explain without a picture....I'd like to hear anyone else's experience with them if they care to share.

Thanks.

I'm shooting a 35 with the .215 and I shoot low. I had to mill the sight down to .205 to get things right. I think it's all in personal view of the sights. It must be since most people shoot POA with the .215 and I don't. A .245 would put me in the Delta LOW or completely off target.

I have the Warren Tactical Series-Sevigny Competition sights on my Glock 34, and shot 2-3" high at 50 feet with the standard .215" front sight. Going to the .245" put me spot-on.

Really, this has a lot to do with how the gun recoils with your particular grip and stance. There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question.

I am on with the 215's on my G35 at minor PF, high at major PF. The 245's are low at minor PF through the same gun (didn't try major PF).

The 215's are high for me on my G34. It takes the 245's to get dead on.

Now, that's just the two main guns. The back ups have yet to be tested. :wacko:

I am on with the 215's on my G35 at minor PF, high at major PF. The 245's are low at minor PF through the same gun (didn't try major PF).

The 215's are high for me on my G34. It takes the 245's to get dead on.

Now, that's just the two main guns. The back ups have yet to be tested. :wacko:

The 215's were high on my G34's. The 245's were too low. I found a Heinie .235 front with the sevigny comp rear was the best set up and puts POA/POI dead on for me with my hand loads.

Well, there's the obvious - once the metal is gone, it's gone. So if you overdo it, then you're stuck.

Gotta be sure to be square and level. Have to reblue.

I'd be tempted to try, but I have the FO version, and am afraid of messing up the FO channel.

• 1 month later...

I have a feeling this this may help explain what is going on.

Per Chris at cpwsa.com, I discovered this when I bought my sights from him.

"All Glock model Warren Tactical and Sevigny sights are designed for a six o'clock hold with the .215 tall front, or to shoot point of aim/point of impact with the .245 tall front sight at 20 yards. Remember that Glocks and M&Ps are production guns, so there could be slight variations in each of them, and further affected by ammo, shooter tendencies, etc. M&P and 1911 sights are designed to shoot point of aim/point of impact."

Link to 6 oclock hold

He helped me select the correct combination for my G17 and am very pleased with the results.

Honestly, I'd like to know where he got that info, because I find it difficult (actually impossible) to believe that's true. Scott Warren is a USPSA Grand Master, an IDPA Master, and former winner of the IDPA Nationals - and I don't just mean he won his division, I mean he had the single best score at the match regardless of division. In addition to all that, he's the head firearms instructor for the FBI Hostage Rescue Team. Scott designed his sights for combat and competition, i.e. to be highly visible, to be able to get on fast, and stay on during rapid fire, and put the bullets right where the sights aim. "6 o'clock hold" does not seem in the cards given that mission description. Besides, if that was the case I'm sure Scott would have mentioned it the numerous times I've talked to him and interviewed him for articles featuring his sights.

I have Warren / Sevigny sights on two G34s, and I had to go with a .225 tall front sight from Dawson on both of them to hit POA. The .215 tall shot too high, and the .245 too low.

There is no one right answer to this. It depend very much on how the gun recoils given your body and technique - your skeletal system, your muscular system, your nervous system, your grip and arms positioning and overall stance. This is why Scott Warren offers different height front sights.

I have Sevigny Competition Rear Sights on my Glock 21SF and my Glock 34. I tried the .245 on each, and I consistently shot low. I replaced them with .215, and it is POA/ POI for me now. Experiment with different sizes and see what works for you.