Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Couplers

GordonB

Tape is what I am using now. Only problem is, I think one of the mags may be a problem mag. Because of bulkiness I only have one set (two mags) taped. The rest are singles. Swapping out the bad one can't be easily done out in the field/match.

Stinger,

With the Fobus, say it does come apart with impact, can you still easily put them together after the stage is done?

Will they remain together if you smack one of the mags while reloading?

With the Fobus, say it does come apart with impact, can you still easily put them together after the stage is done?

Will they remain together if you smack one of the mags while reloading?

I used the Fobus for all of the matches in the last year(8-9). I have never had a mag move even the slightest. Even if you slammed the s*~t out of the mags on reloading or dropping them on concrete :blink: the mags never shifted. I used a Mag-cinch befor and the mags moved all over tha place. If a mag did end up slipping out, all it takes is a screw driver to put it back in place.

I was squadded with a team when SOF was still SOF and they were all using the Ready-Mag carriers on thier rifles. We had a stage you had to start out shooting prone. Every one of them left thier spare mag on the deck when they got up to go to the next stage. I run mine on my belt or a drop rig, depending on the stage.

CS#158

I used the one Buffer Tech made, didn't like it. It's not that I didn't like the coupler, just the problem of top round in the spare mag bounced around and moved forward if the magazine isn't loaded to max capacity. Much quicker and more consistent to go for the spare mag from the belt, IMO.

Another low cost option, besides the tape & wood combination, is the (so-called) Israeli dual clip holder for M16 magazines. Advertised by SARCO and Gun Parts Corporation , www.e-GunParts.com (GPC item # 227080 @$4.85)

I've used several, and other then the little detail that they are designed for the M-16 30-round magazine (.223 caliber) which is a problem if you're using something other then an AR style rifle, they have worked well for me. (admittedly, I'm not a real heavy-duty serious 3-gunner, so they may be better for casual use)