Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage: Leap of Faith - 32rd Long - 14 IPSC, 2 PP, 2 USP

spanky

Starting Position: Standing with hands naturally at sides, facing downrange with heels on marks, handgun loaded and holstered.

Stage Procedure: Upon signal, engage targets as visible from within fault lines. Steel must fall to score. All props are hard cover and walls extend to ground.

n5p7uxa3o2qel2oquw5.png

Do barrels serve a useful purpose? I think that all you need to do is bring the first set of side fault lines in - a few feet short of the edges of the two walls and you can get rid of at least one and probably both sets of barrels. Also why do you break the FFZ into two? If you are worried about the 180 breaks you can fix that by moving the two side arrays a few feet downrange and keep the free fire zone contiguous. This will give shooters an option of shooting these arrays on the move.

"All props are hard cover and walls extend to ground"

No need for this declaration. Walls only extend to the height as constructed though so to correct that it must be stated in WSB if needed.

Do barrels serve a useful purpose? I think that all you need to do is bring the first set of side fault lines in - a few feet short of the edges of the two walls and you can get rid of at least one and probably both sets of barrels. Also why do you break the FFZ into two? If you are worried about the 180 breaks you can fix that by moving the two side arrays a few feet downrange and keep the free fire zone contiguous. This will give shooters an option of shooting these arrays on the move.

The barrels were to block view of potential shoot throughs but you are right about bringing the fault lines in some.

As far as breaking up the shooting area, there was no real purpose to that other than to mix things up a bit, it had nothing to do with any 180s, etc.

I'll tweak it a bit more and I think if I remove the barrels and the no shoots at the end that should open up some options.

Boz, are you saying that they, by default, extend to the ground and the only specification might be for shooting over the walls?

This version is a bit more...optional.

hwsnv8ecbvolda4uskm.png

USP1 & USP2 can be engaged on the extremes of the beginning of the stage or the middle.

T5 & T10 can be engaged from middle or end.

T6 & T9 can be engaged from middle or end.

T3 & T13 can be engaged from beginning or end.

Obviously PP1 & PP2 can be engaged anywhere from the beginning to the end.

Edited by spanky

hwsnv8ecbvolda4uskm.png

USP1 & USP2 can be engaged on the extremes of the beginning of the stage or the middle.

Spanky, as always another excellent stage....

However, you are *asking* for lots of RO fun trying to determine full diameter hits on those targets that are only available thru the small cracks in the forward corners, and lots of repairs on those walls from shooter to shooter.

Just a thought.

Alan

However, you are *asking* for lots of RO fun trying to determine full diameter hits on those targets that are only available thru the small cracks in the forward corners, and lots of repairs on those walls from shooter to shooter.

Just a thought.

Alan

I would put no-shoots on all edges that may take a hit.

hwsnv8ecbvolda4uskm.png

Just a thought.

Alan

Good advise. I don't think it would hurt the intent of the stage to push the far walls (and everything beyond it) out more to give them more space. Thank you.

Yes that was what I was saying. Usually the height as constructed statement is not needed but occasionally we taller guys find a loophole. I really like the latest version of this stage. Well done.