Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who is running IMSI 11lb glock recoil spring

G34 CORDY

i went to the range and shot my ismi 13lb spring in my g34 and loved it alot more than my stock setup so iam wondering about trying a ismi 11 lb spring to see if that is any better? my gun has been 100% with my 130pf loads and my jager striker using the ismi 13lb setup. has anyone tried the ismi 11 lb recoil spring and if so what did you think? this is for uspsa production. thanks

i went to the range and shot my ismi 13lb spring in my g34 and loved it alot more than my stock setup so iam wondering about trying a ismi 11 lb spring to see if that is any better? my gun has been 100% with my 130pf loads and my jager striker using the ismi 13lb setup. has anyone tried the ismi 11 lb recoil spring and if so what did you think? this is for uspsa production. thanks

Remember that when it comes to perceived recoil, the feeling is very much an individual preference. How my firearm behaves in my hands with an 11 lb recoil is dependent on my load and my grip. What works for me may not work for you. An 11 lb ISMI spring is only $7 or $8. At such a low price your best bet is to purchase one and try it yourself.

You'll shoot your eye out, kid. surprise.gif

Seriously, the Glock is different than a 1911. The recoil spring holds the gun in lock up, but...

Pulling the trigger exerts are rearward pressure on the slide (the trigger pushes backwards on the striker). So, you need to maintain enough recoil spring (forward) pressure to keep the gun locked up tightly. Not just for safety, but also for accuracy.

I tried it once and 3 rounds is all it took for me to take it out and throw away. The 13lb. in your G34 is perfect and you can just cut coils if you prefer a lighter feel. Below is a link for reference and worked well for me, YMMV.

Spring Tech

iam going to order one just to see what the difference is. i really like the #13 so i should shoot that one and get use to the setup. all of my mods are done so now i need to get to more match es. thanks for the info

I use the 11's in both 9mm and Minor 40. With a lighter striker spring, they seem to be working pretty well with my 135 to 140 PF loads.

You do need to have happy magazines though - I have had misfeeds with maxed out magazines. Not as much a problem in the 10 round game, depending on the generation of the magazine used.

I use 13lb. ISMI springs in my G34's captured on the stock rod. I tried a 12lb. Wolff spring with a steel guide rod for a while and I liked it. Never tried an 11lb. though.

The 13lb. with stock polymer rod keeps it consistent for IDPA and USPSA though. Besides, I feel like the 13lb'ers last longer and lock up more reliably.

As someone else said, they are cheap enough to buy one and try it.

I ran the 11 lb. on my G 17 with 130 P.F. loads. It was ok for about 500 rds then had trouble going into battery cosistently. Put my 13 lb. back in. :) The 11 lb. spring took a 3/4" set when compared to a new one!!!!

3gunfun did you have a reduced power striker spring? I not having one problem with my #13, iam going to try the #11 until i have problems with it or just dont like it and then goes in the #13 again. i liked the #13 alot better than the factory #17 so i thought maybe i would like the #11, but it still hasn't came in the mail yet so only shooting it will tell. i will let you guys know how it works out for me.

You'll shoot your eye out, kid. surprise.gif

Seriously, the Glock is different than a 1911. The recoil spring holds the gun in lock up, but...

Pulling the trigger exerts are rearward pressure on the slide (the trigger pushes backwards on the striker). So, you need to maintain enough recoil spring (forward) pressure to keep the gun locked up tightly. Not just for safety, but also for accuracy.

I had this issue when I was using an 11 lbs spring, went to a 13 lbs and never looked back. :cheers:

from reading everyones posts hopefully i wont have the same problem. i still didnt get my spring in the mail from midway usa, i ordered it a week 1/2 ago. i really like my #13 ismi spring so hopefully i like the #11 but if not i dont have a problem throwing the #13 back in. this spring is my last trial part, everything else is done to my production gun besides a barrel and iam not changing that out.

Edited by G34 CORDY

• 2 weeks later...

I ran an 11lb spring in my G17 and it worked great for a while. After a couple thousand rounds I started getting light off center primer strikes. After this happened I noticed my locking block pin was bent slightly. It looked like it was hammering the frame pretty good to be bending the pin. Since then I switched to the 15lb ISMI spring. The 13lb would not work at all in my gun, nothing but light primer strikes from the time I installed it. Don't really understand that one.