Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Yep I'm new :)

midget

Hello all!

I am a new member from the Fort Wayne IN area. Last night was my first practice at the Fort Wayne chapter of the USPSA and it was a blast! Someone there mentioned I should come and check out this site for some tips on improving technique. From the looks of it, I have a long way to go :)

-Matt

Hello all!

I am a new member from the Fort Wayne IN area. Last night was my first practice at the Fort Wayne chapter of the USPSA and it was a blast! Someone there mentioned I should come and check out this site for some tips on improving technique. From the looks of it, I have a long way to go :)

-Matt

Welcome Aboard :cheers:

Welcome to the forum, also a newb, good people here I cant wate to feel how you are waiting on my uspsa packit to come in so that i can get a lil more 411 and check it out and see for my own eyes! well welcome again and hope to see you on the range!

If you are free next Sunday morning (yea, the 4th of July), come on up to Angola. It's a great club for new shooters because of the "shotgun start" vs squadding, so we usually have time for some advice and chatting. Introduce yourself, always good to meet new shooters and BE'ers.

-rvb

info:

ANGOLA CONSERVATION CLUB - IN17

Angola, In

Matches are conducted the first Sunday of each month from April through October. Matches are held at the Angola Conservation Club, which is located on Hwy 20 about 3/4 of a mile east of exit 148 on Interstate Hwy 69. Matches consist of 5 stages, including a classifier stage. Shooters can enjoy a random start at any time between 9:00 AM and 10:30 AM.

note: it's behind the American Legion, and they've added a bay, so depending on staff availability, it may be 6 stages now, incl classifier.

Matt, if you'll be at the FWAPS Thursday again this week, say Hi to the looser shooting the beretta. I think I'll be there [the boss lady didn't exactly say "yes" when I asked for permission, but she didn't exatly say "no," either. :ph34r: but she did say I'm on my own for food. :(]. I've never actually made one of the weekly practices before...

-rvb

Matt, if you'll be at the FWAPS Thursday again this week, say Hi to the looser shooting the beretta. I think I'll be there [the boss lady didn't exactly say "yes" when I asked for permission, but she didn't exatly say "no," either. :ph34r: but she did say I'm on my own for food. :(]. I've never actually made one of the weekly practices before...

-rvb

Sorry, I forgot to check back here and didn't see all of these posts. I was at the practice, but I'm not sure if I talked to you or not... I'm really bad with names lol... Provided the weather holds out for tomorrow, I should be there again :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

If you have a couple of practice matches under your belt, you are ready for local matches. Not much difference, but you only get to shoot each COF once :lol: . Northern Ind and Southern Mi (no disrespect intended to any other area of either state) have some great matches, clubs, and people, even if sometimes the Ohio bunch say bad things about us. Have fun, go slow at first, and don't worry about the DQ's.

That's cool. I won't be going to any matches until I feel like I am certain that I won't DQ myself...

Frankly, a match setting would be safer in that regard than all of us standing on a common firing line at the practice... if you can keep it down range and your finger off the trigger, you're ready to shoot a match.

-rvb