Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Miami Rifle Club Match June 27th

What if you are coming from Indiana?

fortyfiveshooter

Club Website Directions Page

Alternate Directions

Yeah got those

was looking for the "cliff notes" version and someone to say hey this is the best way to go.....

Coming from Indiana you will have to pick your own poison to get to the east side of Cincinnati. Once you are on the east side of Cincy on 275 I personally like to take the route 28 exit. Go east to pleasant hill road and turn right. Go to 131 and go left. Turn right on Dry Run and take the next left which is Mt Zion. Take it to Stonelick and turn left. The club will be just up the road on the right.

So, I use route "3" in the alternate instructions since it is the most direct route from the interstate.

Thanks

What if you are coming from Indiana?

fortyfiveshooter

Club Website Directions Page

Alternate Directions

Yeah got those

was looking for the "cliff notes" version and someone to say hey this is the best way to go.....

Coming from Indiana you will have to pick your own poison to get to the east side of Cincinnati. Once you are on the east side of Cincy on 275 I personally like to take the route 28 exit. Go east to pleasant hill road and turn right. Go to 131 and go left. Turn right on Dry Run and take the next left which is Mt Zion. Take it to Stonelick and turn left. The club will be just up the road on the right.

So, I use route "3" in the alternate instructions since it is the most direct route from the interstate.

Sunday was my first time at this club. It was a good solution to being flooded out of the Indiana Sectional. I had a decent match, and I look forward to the results. It was very hot for a while and the rain showers and lightning added a nice touch. The all steel stage was cool even though I was very slow. I thought my gun was sounding a little funny for the last two stages, and I even made such a comment. Then this morning when I went to clean it I noticed the slide was cracked. :surprise: That sucks.

But overall the match was good. I might offer the following suggestion. Some stage or two should have 32 rounds in it, but that is just me.

Edited by Coach

32 rounds? But how will Dave win if it ain't a 24 rounder? :surprise:

But all kidding aside I tend to agree with you. Five 24 round stages is a bit hum-drum. :closedeyes:

Scores may be a while, as we had a big turn out. And LOTS of wet score sheets don't make things go any faster. Sorry.

32 rounds? But how will Dave win if it ain't a 24 rounder? :surprise:

But all kidding aside I tend to agree with you. Five 24 round stages is a bit hum-drum. :closedeyes:

Scores may be a while, as we had a big turn out. And LOTS of wet score sheets don't make things go any faster. Sorry.

Now I know why guys were writing down there classifier info. Many of the scoresheets in our squad are going to be very tough to decipher.

Seriously it was a great time. But I could not believe that there was not a single 32 round course of fire. I enjoyed and learned watching several of our squad members shoot. A little rain I can deal with. Thanks for a great match.

I know it is a haul. But the third Sunday of July WVPPS is going to have five stages and no classifier and it will be 142 rounds for $20. If anyone is available and not scared of a little drive we will have five field courses. I'm just saying...

Edited by Coach

Have you tried using a heavyweight paper or even card stock for score sheets?

Carving the scores into a wood plank was the only chance of not being screwed by the rain. Noah is the only one who could have not bitched about that one down pour!

I have the score sheets all dried out and will be sending them to Chris. We should have scores posted in about 4 to 5 days. Sorry about not having any 32 rounders. That is kind of my fault. I wanted to have an all steel stage and we didn't have enough steel to go around. We normally have a couple on stages 4 and 5. I hope the rest of the match was worth the drive and trouble getting wet. We almost had a record number of shooters with 81. Last year our first match turned out 88. Thanks for coming out.

DJ

Now I know why guys were writing down there classifier info. Many of the scoresheets in our squad are going to be very tough to decipher.

I hope I don't burst too many bubbles with this bit of info, but Stage 1 (CM99-07) was not setup correctly, and therefore will not be sent in as a classifier. The 2 targets on the left & the 2 targets on the right were supposed to be touching each other, and they were not. There was a gap in between them, so this is just another stage in the match. Sorry about that. :(

Edited by Chris Keen

I have the score sheets all dried out and will be sending them to Chris. We should have scores posted in about 4 to 5 days. Sorry about not having any 32 rounders. That is kind of my fault. I wanted to have an all steel stage and we didn't have enough steel to go around. We normally have a couple on stages 4 and 5. I hope the rest of the match was worth the drive and trouble getting wet. We almost had a record number of shooters with 81. Last year our first match turned out 88. Thanks for coming out.

DJ

It was worth it.

I hope I don't burst too many bubbles with this bit of info, but Stage 1 (CM99-07) was not setup correctly, and therefore will not be sent in as a classifier. The 2 targets on the left & the 2 targets on the right were supposed to be touching each other, and they were not. There was a gap in between them, so this is just another stage in the match. Sorry about that. :(

Well crap! There goes my first 100% classifier...I think the rain blurred my scoresheet.

:roflol::roflol:

Oh CRAP! I didn't set it up but I'm still the one to blame.

Sorry!

I still have to get the score sheets to Chris. Sorry about the hold up. I've been working on refinishing my living room before my new sofa and TV arrived.

Oh darn...:cheers: