Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bbi 130 gr

scooter doc

Has anybody got a case of these recently?

I got mine on monday, and there totally messed up.

about 25% are misshappen so badly, they will not chamber check,

when you load them. they are almost flat on one side.

ive loaded 6k of these in the last 3 months, so i know they make good bullets.

Im not slamming them, just trying to get info.And before you ask, ive been calling,

and emailing, and cannot get them to reply.

dave

Edited by scooter doc

Say it aint so! I have had nothing but good things to say about these people since I started shooting them last year. That 130 is what I just ordered 3K of about an hour or aso ago. How long did it take to get your bullets?

took a little over three weeks. I called to check on it the previous wed. and they shipped that day. I think they probably have a problem in the casting, of these. some taper, to a point, like the old ones. but some have a larger tip (these are the bad ones)

im haveing to roll them on a table top, and if they wobble, there bad.

wed I loaded 300 rounds, for the cup, 49 would not chamber check.

dave

The different bullet nose shapes will also affect your OAL. I got a batch that is kind of messed up also and had to check the OAL on every round, some came in at under 1.1 most ran in the 1.130 to 1.140 range and some would go long even over 1.150 on occasion. I still am unsure about what exactly is going on, changed the seating die from a 25 year old Lyman to a newer Lee I bought this past month thinking that was the problem at first but it still is ongoing. Never thought about the bullets being out of round just noticed the nose shapes seemed different. I met Tom at the Area 5 but did not mention it to him as he seemed to be having a great time and I did not want to disturb him with business. Seems like a really nice guy. Never encountered such a problem before, funny thing is the bullets still chronoed pretty well. Got to say the lube is wonderful. Guess I should mention the problem to him although I bet he is on it.

earl

Edited by earlbob

thanks earl, I guess im not nuts afterall.

I was speaking to a friend about it, at the car. cup thursday, and I had a industry person, tell me i was wrong. hes been shooting them for years, with no problem.

I did manage to get 4th in ssp, ss... but that wasnt bbi's fault.

dave

Yup,I ordered 3k in May and a lot of them are lopsided too.

2myxlkw.jpg

Surprisingly, groupings are still within 3.5" at 25yrds resting off a backpack.

Edited by edison

I ordered 1000 and 400 were the wrong size or the wrong weight. I was told I didn't know what I was doing and they wouldn't make good for me so I don't order from them anymore.

That does not sound to good, did you send them pics. Looking at teh ones above you can sure see the bad ones

I recently got an order of 230gr .45's that contain some that are mishapen and look somewhat melted/folded on one side. First time I ever saw anything like that from them out of thousands of .40 and 9 bullets. That is, other than 1 130gr out of 2000 once that looked like the mold was half full when it was cast.

I have been loading the 230's and they load and shoot fine. Groups are good and I used them to win my division and 2nd overall at this past saturday's match. I would call BBI and mention it to them. They have always been a good company IMO. I was just about to place a larger order of 230's.

• 2 weeks later...

Done finally. The bullets I received seemed consistent in size and shape. All my loaded rounds were near identical in looks. I slightly increaed my bell and crimp to ensure no coating is getting shaved on the sides of the bullets upon seating. They cycle great still, and I will try and get out to the range to do an accuracy test on them.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the issue on the Bullets. A while ago we had a machine break and go out of spec. during operation. We did an inspection and I thought we had caught all the bad bullets before any of them got shipped, looks like a few have gotten through.

We are truly sorry. We will most certainly replace the order for you ASAP.

Thank you for bring this to our attention, we want to make sure you are please with our bullets.

Sorry if we missed your call, Shoot me a email and I will get it done right away for you.

Tony Caspers

BBI

info@blackbulletsinternational.com

Has anybody got a case of these recently?

I got mine on monday, and there totally messed up.

about 25% are misshappen so badly, they will not chamber check,

when you load them. they are almost flat on one side.

ive loaded 6k of these in the last 3 months, so i know they make good bullets.

Im not slamming them, just trying to get info.And before you ask, ive been calling,

and emailing, and cannot get them to reply.

dave

I ordered 1000 and 400 were the wrong size or the wrong weight. I was told I didn't know what I was doing and they wouldn't make good for me so I don't order from them anymore.

AZShooter,

Not sure what this is about but we have a 100% satisfaction guanetee so, I can say we don't tell anyone that we won't make good on an order that a customer is not happy with. Please email me your invoice number and I will take care of it personally.

Tony Caspers

BBI

Edited by czrunner

That is the cool thing about guys like this. Making it right, and not afraid to come out and say what happened too. Next payday, I'm going to order 3K more of the 130s. I want to get as many loaded before the start of our season. (We don't run in the Summer, and that's a bummer.)

guys, sorry i forgot about this. tony is the man, and he took care of it. you guys can have confidence, when dealing with bbi,

you will be treated right.

Tony, im sorry i didnt post this two weeks ago. THankyou

dave

I also got a reply from him, what was the time frame for receiving your replacements?

thanks

Thats good to hear, as I have a state level match on Aug 7th and the bad case is all i have to load up. It seems you get cross-eyed from trying to pick out ht good ones and they all start looking funny. I will wait for the replacement, and if its too late , will do my best to find the ones that look like the last order i placed with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats good to hear, as I have a state level match on Aug 7th and the bad case is all i have to load up. It seems you get cross-eyed from trying to pick out ht good ones and they all start looking funny. I will wait for the replacement, and if its too late , will do my best to find the ones that look like the last order i placed with them.

Got them in time. Great customer service.

anyone happen to know how far BBI is running behind on orders right now? I ordered some PD's and BBI's on the same day and have had the PD's for a little over a week now. Just curious