Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bbi 130 gr

scooter doc

anyone happen to know how far BBI is running behind on orders right now? I ordered some PD's and BBI's on the same day and have had the PD's for a little over a week now. Just curious

We try and keep our turnaround time posted on our website and we have our front page listed at about 10 days behind. Appreciate everyones huge support and understanding. We hope to get caught up at the end next week!

Normal turn around after we get caught up is about 2-3 days from order to shipping.

Again thanks for the business and support!

Happy shooting,

Tony Caspers

BBI

anyone happen to know how far BBI is running behind on orders right now? I ordered some PD's and BBI's on the same day and have had the PD's for a little over a week now. Just curious

We try and keep our turnaround time posted on our website and we have our front page listed at about 10 days behind. Appreciate everyones huge support and understanding. We hope to get caught up at the end next week!

Normal turn around after we get caught up is about 2-3 days from order to shipping.

Happy shooting,

Tony Caspers

BBI

Great! thanks for the quick response! Should be anytime now then, I've been looking forward to trying these. If you are using Glock is it your understanding that most are having more luck with aftermarket barrels in terms of accuracy?

Happy shooting,

Tony Caspers

BBI

Great! thanks for the quick response! Should be anytime now then, I've been looking forward to trying these. If you are using Glock is it your understanding that most are having more luck with aftermarket barrels in terms of accuracy?

I run a factory Glock 34 barrel and have no problems using the 9mm/130 Grain with Solo 1000. (Except having a trigger pin break at the Pro-am... :angry2: Some guys like to use aftermarket barrels with out polygonal rifling. Most guys would suggest to use your factory barrel and see if it performs well for you before spending money on a after market barrel. Most glocks have no issues...but every so offen one will throw a fit.

• 2 months later...

I recently ordered 1k of these, and shot 30 of them today. I loaded with 3.8 and 3.9gr Universal Clays, and was getting around 1000fps (don't have my log book in front of me).

I loaded them to about 1.154, which looked like it'd be ok comparing them to my MG 124gr JHP loads.

The smoke was terrible. If I'm going to load more of these, I've got to find a less smoky powder for them.

Recommendations (preferably with load data)?

I use 'em in a G34 factory barrel with no problems (with N310, FWIW).

Please, Do Tell (N310). I'm still at 125 fmj.

3.3gr, 1.145+ oal, gives me 135ish PF

Obviously you would want to work up to that carefully in your gun...

Nobody around here sells Vihtavuori powders. After some more googling, I'm thinking about trying 4.5gr of WST. I was pretty happy with it in .45 for being low smoke with lead base FMJs.

Here's what I shot today.

130gr BBI 1.140" OAL

4gr WST 994.0-1054fps 1021avg 60.08ES 20.19SD

4.2gr WST 1004-1053fps 1031avg 49.51ES 15.45D

4.4gr WST 1000-1053fps 1033avg 52.43ES 16.06SD

The first few I loaded (with Universal) must have been just long enough to touch the rifling...because they won't quite drop in and out of the barrel...but the slide will close all the way on them. For this batch, I shortened the OAL and used a G19 barrel as a gage to make sure they'd drop in / drop out.

There was still some smoke, not quite as noxious, and I got lucky and the breeze was in the opposite direction as last time, so my smoke was blowing down range. I cleaned the barrel before and after shooting the BBIs, and I'm not real happy about the amount of residue they leave (Glock 17, factory barrel).

I'll probably hold onto the remaning 900+ of them and only use them for targets/ranges where jacketed ammo isn't permitted. Montana Gold's are just easier to load, cleaner shooting, and only a little more $.