Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD Trigger Work

OkieZombies

XD Custom shop puts their carry package at $230 and the "production" package is $575.

Anyone have any experience with their work?

I was thinking of just having a local smith do some action work.

The biggest thing that's interesting to me is the action job with overtravel adjustment ($145.00 on its own from Custom shop).

Someone school me.

wow dude $575 for what srsly

from SA website:

XD® “PRODUCTION” PACKAGE: $ 575.00

Competition action job; reduced overtravel & reset; Dawson adjustable fiber optic sights; extended

mag release; Springfield Custom™ match grade barrel; inspect & test fire.

The only thing I'm really interested in is the action job and reduced overtravel. Reduced reset wouldn't hurt either.

I am extremely happy with the work I had done by Powder River Precision. The takeup is now minimal and the reset is very quick, trigger pull is right where I wanted it. From the few different jobs that I've been able to try PRP had the reset that felt best to me. I recently took a class and the instructors were very experienced USPSA shooters. They taught that learning to feel the reset and only allowing the trigger to return there before the next shot in a string really helps with time and accuracy. For me, having the quick reset is really helping with that.

I have had both Canyon Creek and Springer Precision triggers. Currently I have an XD9 with a Canyon trigger, it is a very nice trigger!! Both smiths are doing excellent work progressing the XD line of pistols forward in competitive shooting. You can not go wrong with either one.

I have a number of different guns with both Springer and Powder River trigger kits installed. They are all very nice and I'm very happy with them. But my XDM-9 with the Springfield trigger job is the best I've ever felt short of a good 1911. They are worth the money

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning,

I installed the Powder River Precision Match Target Easy Fit kit (p/n PRP-030) in my XD45 Tactical last night and found it to be incredible! The take-up is reduced, the over-travel is adjusted during install and is almost no existent, and the reset is very short. I wish I'd done this a couple years ago now. I was expecting improvement, but not an entirely new trigger feel; I was pleasantly surprised...I can't wait to take it out and start shooting with it. It's almost like a 1911 trigger now...even better than my Glock with the Ghost Connector, which I'm very pleased with.

The price for the PRP kit was nice as well...Around $90 shipped. I'd looked at the various offerings, but after reviewing the XDtalk.com forum, most seemed to think that all offerings were excellent, but that the PRP kit was excellent with an excellent price...I tend to agree.

By the way, I didn't need or use the optional "new trigger safety" that was included. I used the two springs, striker safety lever, and over travel stop.

Two punches were required to disassemble and it was very easy. If you have any doubts or concerns during the work, there is one particular video on youtube that is helpful; I've posted the link below. If you like to work on your own guns, I'm confident you wouldn't have any trouble.

Here's the youtube.com link:

Good luck with the XD trigger work. Regardless of the kit you decide to use, I'm sure you'll be very pleased.

Warmest regards,

Rob

i lol'd when this guy let me check out the trigger on his xdm40 that he 'had done' by someone and it felt practically the same if not worse than the trigger that i have on MY xdm40 that i put that PRP kit in myself.

makes you wonder what they actually do

• 4 weeks later...

XD Custom shop puts their carry package at $230 and the "production" package is $575.

Anyone have any experience with their work?

I was thinking of just having a local smith do some action work.

The biggest thing that's interesting to me is the action job with overtravel adjustment ($145.00 on its own from Custom shop).

Someone school me.

My son shoots a XDM in 9mm , I bought the trigger kit off line and watched the youtube video ......... just do it yourself it's not hard. Save the money and get the ext. mag release.

Well, I'm way behind on this thread, but here goes. I had a Powder River trigger upgrade done on my XDM and I have been very happy with it. Dan B. himself did the work after we met during a match at the LaGrande (Ore.) USPSA club. As far as I'm concerned, it was money well spent.

Edited by Wallyworld