Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone that has shot the Nationals know how long it typically takes to get confirmation? Hoping to shoot my first Nationals in Tulsa this years, and just wondered when I may find out if I'm in. Thanks for the help.

Ty

Edited by 69bowty

You'll receive an envelope with a confirmation letter, waiver, equipment survey, etc.

I scan such stuff to PDF, and my last year's was scanned on July 6. I think staff and SOs hear later, though.

This thread has a post from Robert Ray on June 15 of last year saying confirmations had been mailed. YMMV and past performance is no guarantee blah blah blah...

http://idpaforum.yuku.com/topic/4756?page=6

• 4 weeks later...

Thursday, Squad 1.. thought I would try shooting the match in one day for a change..

Well, you're a lot younger and more energetic than I am, John.

I shot it all on Wednesday last year (shooting Weds again this year). By the last two stages, I was zombie-walking. The open-the-door-and-there's-a-mover-and-it's-the-only-target-on-the-stage stage was my last... I shot so badly I FTNed the thing.

Curt Nichols (the MD) said he got home after shooting it in one day and asked himself, "What have I done??":P

Maybe he's got a simple match this year. Somehow, I doubt it.... :cheers:

Jane, tired old woman...

• 1 month later...

Yes.. only 8 shooting days till I head to Tulsa..

(and really excited I may have fixed my jhp nose diving problem.. still testing though. It sure would be nice to not shoot smokey moly coated lead if there are low/no light stages)

Im hoping to be there around two to check things out. IM READY!

Arrive early to check out the stages? :surprise: That is NOT in the spirit of IDPA! FTDR!! :rolleyes:

Don't laugh, it was a threat issued at this years Michigan state match. Ugh...

I hope that shooting went well for you and all of Team Rudy.

It was a pretty good match. I agree that it was kinda repetitive in the round count area but I had a good time. I didn't shoot as well as I wanted, not terrible but I just wasn't shooting the way I should have.

I was able to get 2nd SSP EX though, got beat out by about 1.5 seconds................how much did a shot I skipped on that one target cost me??????