Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Multigun Championship

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent the app in somewhere between a week to ten days ago. I disremember the specific date. At the time that I sent it, the post stating that the match had been closed to further entries hadn't yet been made.

The check has not cleared.

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid question time. Ok, so these look like modified IMGA rules which I don't know too much about.

As far as the shotgun is concerned, 9 in the gun at the start unless otherwise specified. This means I can only have 9 total rounds in at the start but can put as many rounds as I want in the tube after the beep. Right? My Benelli will hold 9+1.

As far as the shotgun is concerned, 9 in the gun at the start unless otherwise specified. This means I can only have 9 total rounds in at the start but can put as many rounds as I want in the tube after the beep. Right? My Benelli will hold 9+1.

I had to look it over, and that is correct, but note:

unless otherwise stipulated in the stage briefing

Rifle targets roughly contact distance to 500 yards. Pistol - well, someone with influence over stage design thinks 3-gunners do not know how to shoot pistols very far, so there may be some long pistol shots. Not really far, but the club matches have had some 35-40 yds.

I am checking on the stage descriptions.

Lee

35-40 yard pistol shots? FAR? Heh...good thing "that person" doesn't shoot the Texas State Limited, or that evil Jimmy character would show him what "far" is. Not that I'm complaining :)

And it is NOT what you huddle around when you fell through the ice up north :D

A

35-40 yard pistol shots? FAR? Heh...good thing "that person" doesn't shoot the Texas State Limited, or that evil Jimmy character would show him what "far" is. Not that I'm complaining :)

Well, they were plates at the monthly matches, not paper. But be careful, he-who-rules-the-stage-design may read this and get the last laugh. :devil:

Will we be required to sling our shotguns? (I see rifle slings are required)

Per the posted rules (you may need to clear your browser cache to get the right doc), there is nothing regarding slings. However, no slings are required, neither rifle nor shotgun. In fact, a sling may get in the way more than help.

The Texas Multigun site got a new look so check there for more info, like the Match Squad Schedule.

Lee

What airport is closest to fly in to?

AUS (Austin Bergstrom) for airline, Georgetown for private, in case you have your own plane. :D

San Antonio...well, maybe AlamoShooter is offering to run a bus, but San Antonio is a but farther.

Lee

What airport is closest to fly in to?

AUS (Austin Bergstrom) for airline, Georgetown for private, in case you have your own plane. :D

San Antonio...well, maybe AlamoShooter is offering to run a bus, but San Antonio is a but farther.

Lee

Killeen Airport,, no lines,, no traffic,, 30 min to the range,

Anybody have an idea of how long it takes to drive from the range to Austin Airpost (Bergstrom). Trying to figure out my return flight Sun.late or Monday early? Thanks, Buckshot.

Plan for at least one hour,,

Next question, where can we ship ammo?

The range might be able to accept shipments. However, if Sheldon doesn't already have something arranged for out to towners shipping ammo send me a PM and i will forward my Commercial Office address for you to ship too. I will be an RO so i will be around. If tthere is a shipping address already arranged I would prefer you use that.

Anybody have an idea of how long it takes to drive from the range to Austin Airpost (Bergstrom). Trying to figure out my return flight Sun.late or Monday early? Thanks, Buckshot.

Best case is about 45 minutes (I drive by the airport going home from Liberty Hill), if you take the 183A toll road (tolls are not much but there is no cash lane on that stretch - either you have an electronic tag or they mail you a bill - check with the rental company if you rent a car). Otherwise an hour, on Sunday evening. Add in car return, bag checkin (with guns), etc.

Alternate route would be US183A-SH45-SH130-SH71 (all toll except 71), and this would be better Monday AM.

Lee