Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

226 holster

RussellM

Just wondering what holsters people are running with the p226 in production. I currently have a Serpa but was informed at my last shoot that clubs are starting to ban them due to saftey concerns.

Just wondering what holsters people are running with the p226 in production. I currently have a Serpa but was informed at my last shoot that clubs are starting to ban them due to saftey concerns.

I run a Serpa for 3-gun and haven't heard anything about potential banning...yet. I use a Blade Tech Sting Ray belt holster with the DOH attachment for USPSA Production also. Both are excellent holsters, but you will find that the BT with DOH is much quicker on the draw than the Serpa. ;)

Blade Tech Sting Ray belt holster with the DOH attachment for Production. Could you please elaborate as to why your club wants to ban the Serpa.

I was told that a guy in michigan shot himself in the leg 2 weekends ago because of the retention buttons position. HE was shooting a glock though. I did a google search about it and did find other complaints of similar issues from other people. When I draw my trigger finger lands squarly on the side of the frame of my 226, maybe it is different with a glock. I dont really want to continue training with that holster just to have it get banned at some point in the future.

ps. my normal club I shoot with has never said a word about the holster, I shot a match at a new club this past weekend and they brought it up without knowing I was using a serpa.

Edited by Boosted3s

• 2 months later...

I run a Blade Tech Sting Ray belt holster with the DOH attachment.

What is the "DOH Attachment" ?

It Drops and Offsets the holster down and slightly away from the body for quicker draws, while still being legal for Production.

Thanks for the explanation.

Ken

I also use a Bladetech DOH for Production. I had used a Serpa for 3 gun but

found I would not depress the button enough to release the pistol. I have switched

to the Bladetec WRS for 3 gun. Secure, fast, and the hood helps protect the rear sight

from bumping a rifle or shotgun butt into it.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Double Alpha PDA, it's lined with soft leather so no holster marks on the gun it also comes with the options of off set/cant and low ride. The retention screw is very easy to use out of the way and when it's tight the weapon is locked in. Change the tension by tightening or loosing the screw with your finger.

Blade Tech Sting Ray belt holster with the DOH attachment for Production. Could you please elaborate as to why your club wants to ban the Serpa.

I was told that a guy in michigan shot himself in the leg 2 weekends ago because of the retention buttons position. HE was shooting a glock though. I did a google search about it and did find other complaints of similar issues from other people. When I draw my trigger finger lands squarly on the side of the frame of my 226, maybe it is different with a glock. I dont really want to continue training with that holster just to have it get banned at some point in the future.

ps. my normal club I shoot with has never said a word about the holster, I shot a match at a new club this past weekend and they brought it up without knowing I was using a serpa.

I was on a stage next to a guy who shot himself in the leg with a Glock via a draw from a Serpa. I think he had other issues, but I could see a Serpa/Glock being of more "risk". Point is to keep the finger off the trigger. SIGs have way too much DA pull length for that to be a worry anyway. I used one with a P226 when I first got back into shooting "action pistol" shooting. I now prefer Bladetech for Production but there are others just a suitable. Your draw times will definately improve. Good luck in your quest.