Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wolf Primer

johnbh

The large pistol primers are great. Very clean burning. There were some problems with a few lots of small pistol primers having cup that were too hard, but Wolf is replacing them from what I hear. Not an issue with the LPP.

I have used over 25,000 Wolf small rifle and large pistol with 1 issue, the anvil fell out of that primer. It was my fault for not looking to make sure they were all there. They go bang when they're supposed to.

when the primer shortage hit, Wolf was all I could find, although not excited about it I bought them and after 5000 rounds of spp through my .40 Limited gun ZERO issues and gun chronos great. I now have no problem buying them and using them or any brand for that matter.

Its sorta what I can get and what is the best price, that dictates brand for me they all work fine in my gun.

Even though mine are the "original" version of the SPP they have been 100% through almost 10K.

They are even working fine with my lightened striker W/ reduced power spring.

I bought a bunch of Wolf spp when the shortage hit and could no longer get Winchesters. I found that it required more care in reloading not to get high primers. My STI's fire them with no issue, but I find that I can't trust them to go off in my production Glocks. So I have a stash of Win spp's that I use exclusively for the Glocks. I've been using Wolf srp's in my STI open gun with no issues. The Wolf primers I have are at least a year old, so they may or may not be representative of current production.

I bought a bunch of Wolf spp when the shortage hit and could no longer get Winchesters. I found that it required more care in reloading not to get high primers. My STI's fire them with no issue, but I find that I can't trust them to go off in my production Glocks. So I have a stash of Win spp's that I use exclusively for the Glocks. I've been using Wolf srp's in my STI open gun with no issues. The Wolf primers I have are at least a year old, so they may or may not be representative of current production.

+1. Same on my case.