Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anyone else NOT drop their mags?

Will B. Droopy

I have to confess that my gun isn't a precious work of art like the OP's Taurus, but this has been an eye opening thread, and I'm now worried about what sort of filth I may be introducing through my habit of carelessly discarding mags willy nilly just because they are empty or I'm moving.

Therefore, I've put on my inventor's hat, and have created "Bean's Blaster Bag", which will allow a shooter to keep his gun dry and dust free, and avoid introducing corrosive impuriuties when he reloads. The shooter merely inserts gun and all mags needed into the bag, seals the patented closure around his wrist, and proceeds through the COF secure in the knowledge that his treasured heirloom is safe and clean.post-14972-127410530723_thumb.jpg

Bean's Blaster Bag (BBB for short) is currently in beta testing, and I have contacted the NROI for a rule exception making mags stored in the BBB legal for use on a stage. I hope to have the finished model available through all major vendors in time for the 2010 Nationals, where it will prove an invaluable tool against the desert sands.

post-14972-127410645658_thumb.jpg

Edited by bbbean

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to confess that my gun isn't a precious work of art like the OP's Taurus, but this has been an eye opening thread, and I'm now worried about what sort of filth I may be introducing through my habit of carelessly discarding mags willy nilly just because they are empty or I'm moving.

Therefore, I've put on my inventor's hat, and have created "Bean's Blaster Bag", which will allow a shooter to keep his gun dry and dust free, and avoid introducing corrosive impuriuties when he reloads. The shooter merely inserts gun and all mags needed into the bag, seals the patented closure around his wrist, and proceeds through the COF secure in the knowledge that his treasured heirloom is safe and clean.post-14972-127410530723_thumb.jpg

Bean's Blaster Bag (BBB for short) is currently in beta testing, and I have contacted the NROI for a rule exception making mags stored in the BBB legal for use on a stage. I hope to have the finished model available through all major vendors in time for the 2010 Nationals, where it will prove an invaluable tool against the desert sands.

Finally: a truly supportive person on this forum, actually working to fulfill a genuine -- some would say critical -- need for the competitive shooting public. I think I can speak for everyone here: Thank you.

Please keep us updated when Bean's Blaster Bag™ becomes available. (I, for one, will not shoot USPSA again until I can purchase this product).

Thanks again,

-Bill

More than likely, due to research and development, it will be priced WAY out of or price range, right? :goof:

I guess I'll see if I can just make a copy of yours when yours is on the market, saving me the research and developmental cost! :P

And, it doubles as a brass catcher as well! :cheers:

Edited by GrumpyOne

O.M.G.!!! It's what I always wanted.

I want one with a logo that says "TACTICAL" or "CUSTOM".

Or "TACTICAL CUSTOM".

What's the backlog on one of those puppies?

Mags are cheap,

i wouldnt use the word 'cheap' but ....

Custom 2011 open gun $3000

Mags for open 3 170's 3 140's $600

100,000 rounds of open ammo @ $225 per case = $22,500......... mags are cheap!

Need one in bright nickel, with gold accents. :goof:

Interestingly, I actually looked for such a pimp-o-matic in shiny nickel 'n gold (preferably with synthetic ivory grips). However, much to my complete chagrin, new nickeled guns are no longer available: Stainless appears to have taken over the silver gun market. Pity. :(

PS: Ever since I was shown my great grand daddy's pistol (picture below), I have loved pimp guns. (He carried it back in 1858, while working in New Orleans with his small stable of "ladies").

-Bill

Great grand daddy Droopy's pistol, circa 1858:

ponyexpressr_r.jpg

Don't feel bad. I started shooting USPSA/IDPA as a gun COLLECTOR not a competitor. I never dropped mags, shot in bad weather or anything that could hurt the value of my gear. It took a while for me to change my attitude.

If you are just shooting to be out shooting and have fun and are not comfortable dropping mags, then stuff them bad boys back in their pouches, and have fun.

Too many and's.

• 7 months later...

Sorry dood :(

but that's not IDPA legal reload...

i think you should make it the size of a buddy bag so you can still reload from the belt :P

Has anybody copped yet to all the chain pullin' that the OP is doin' on ya'all?

I wasn't pulling anyone's chain (if I ever felt like trolling, I think I'd be a little more outrageous than simply complaining that "I don't like dropping mags in the dirt and sand"! Plus, I'm not 13 years old anymore, nor am I a bored half-wit; so trolling just isn't in the cards for me :blink: ).

But back on topic: As others have said here -- that I would ultimately start dropping mags -- is quite true; about four months ago I finally took the plunge, and I now drop all of my mags in the dirt, sand, mud, and other assorted detritus :o . Of course, due to my OCD'ish tendencies, I also have a pretty complete mag cleaning "station" on my shooting cart, so a gritty mag never gets inserted back into my gun (I just can't get myself to abuse a firearm like that; just as I can't get myself to abuse my car… :sick: ).

-Bill

Has anybody copped yet to all the chain pullin' that the OP is doin' on ya'all?

I wasn't pulling anyone's chain (if I ever felt like trolling, I think I'd be a little more outrageous than simply complaining that "I don't like dropping mags in the dirt and sand"! Plus, I'm not 13 years old anymore, nor am I a bored half-wit; so trolling just isn't in the cards for me :blink: ).

But back on topic: As others have said here -- that I would ultimately start dropping mags -- is quite true; about four months ago I finally took the plunge, and I now drop all of my mags in the dirt, sand, mud, and other assorted detritus :o . Of course, due to my OCD'ish tendencies, I also have a pretty complete mag cleaning "station" on my shooting cart, so a gritty mag never gets inserted back into my gun (I just can't get myself to abuse a firearm like that; just as I can't get myself to abuse my car… :sick: ).

-Bill

Way to go!!! :cheers:

Yeah, I would not stick that dirt and dust collecting mag back in the gun, either. Scrub that puppy!!