Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kart easy fit

hdgun

Do Kart Easy fit barrels have a finished chamber? Ordering a new barrel but not sure if I need a reamer. Thanks Guys

Mine was finished, however, it needed to be throated slightly more due to the type of bullets I was using.

I installed one a few years ago, fit it and went shooting. I guess the only way to be sure is to check with Kart themselves. I don't beleive it could be called an Easy fit barrel if you had to ream and throat it, or do any work other than fit the hood and lugs. I have shot everything from 200 grain semiwads to 230 grain fmj's, with oal's from 1.250 to 1.260 with no problems whatsoever.

You have to buy the kit for fitting the barrel, It comes with a special safe side file, a loose fit barrel bushing, a barrel alignment jig and a feeler gauge. You could do it with hand tools if you know what you are doing, but the kit makes it alot easier.

While on the topic of Kart easy fit barrels, I would like to ask if it is possible to fit accurately with hand tools only.

Power tools are not necessary to fit barrels. Proper use can speed up, or make a few tasks easier.

You have to buy the kit for fitting the barrel, It comes with a special safe side file, a loose fit barrel bushing, a barrel alignment jig and a feeler gauge. You could do it with hand tools if you know what you are doing, but the kit makes it alot easier.

When you say 'a loose fit barrel bushing', does this indicate that it needs to be replaced afterward with a bushing that has been hand fit?

The "loose fit bushing" is their "bench bushing." It allows you to quickly remove the barrel from the slide (as you will have to do A LOT) as you file down the pads on the barrel lugs.

If you have any questions, call up Kart. Fred Kart himself will walk you through any questions you have. Otherwise, you can PM me and I'll see if I can answer anything for you.

*experience: I fit one not too long ago.