Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Resizing 40 glocked brass

You will be happy with the results of the G-Rx. I initially went that route as I have a single stage setup for my Benchrest shooting. I ultimately went to the U-Die as it saves time since it is in Dillion 650 station #1.

If you are a serious shooter headed to GM you need serious equipment CasePro 100. I'm a fun shoot guy but I have one do 9 mm and 38S in it. Now that aside the Redding Grx on a cheap $21.00 Lee Single stage puts and end to your 40 problems. A u-die will help some but its a bandaide approach the Redding GRX or a CasePro is the cure.

I tried the U-die with 40 and even gound the end down a bit but still had too many rejects. That is in a LNL or an XL650.

The other way to avoid issues is to deprime and size the cases then drop check them, it they pass into the hoppper else into the recycle bin. It will cost you some time but you won't be wasting primers and time taking the bullets out.

I use the GRX for 40 just because I don't want to take the time to change the Die in the CasePro.

This is what I do. Run them thru the U die on my single stage press and them drop them in the case gauge to make sure all the bulge is gone. Sure it takes more time but it makes sure that each case will good to go once loaded.

For a little reloading or no money I started out with the EGW "U" die but after beating the 1050 to death for a year or so I got a Case Pro and love it...not much use for Magma...

Stupid question but does anyone deprime their brass before running it through the Casepro? I know it tightens the primer pockets to some degree but would not like to deprime unless I really had extra time...

For a little reloading or no money I started out with the EGW "U" die but after beating the 1050 to death for a year or so I got a Case Pro and love it...not much use for Magma...

Stupid question but does anyone deprime their brass before running it through the Casepro? I know it tightens the primer pockets to some degree but would not like to deprime unless I really had extra time...

After I have cleaned the brass, I run it through the CasePro and then load as necessary. Repeat as required.

I have a 550 and I run a EGW U die in station one and a Lee FCD in the last stage and have no problems and all my 40 is "glocked". Most is fired from a lone wolf barrel though.

I took some rounds to a gunsmith one time before I had this setup and was having chambering problems. My lone wolf barrel is tighter than my Dillon case gauge and the Lyman case gauge is tighter than the barrel. Most of my rounds won't pass a Lyman case gauge but none of them give me issues in my gun.