Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you mount your Super Swage 600 ?

I just got a Dillon Super Swage 600, and am about to mount it. For those who have been using one for a while, what orientation do you find works best ? Also, do you mount to your bench or somewhere else ? Lastly, has anyone tried the "automatic" modification shown here:

? Good mod, or more trouble than its worth ?

I just got a Dillon Super Swage 600, and am about to mount it. For those who have been using one for a while, what orientation do you find works best ? Also, do you mount to your bench or somewhere else ? Lastly, has anyone tried the "automatic" modification shown here:

sheese Richard, seems you are quite the rookie at this... :roflol: its all good thou!

I mounted mine sideways, operate the handle with my right hand and manipulate the brass with my left (I'm left handed). It appears that mounting it so the handle is pulled forward would work too, mine is on a corner so I can operate it either way. The auto mod looks like it would be worth the trouble, IF (and a big if) once its tuned it stays that way.

Or you can just get a 1050 and not have to worry about the SS600... :cheers:

jj

sheese Richard, seems you are quite the rookie at this... :roflol: its all good thou!

I mounted mine sideways, operate the handle with my right hand and manipulate the brass with my left (I'm left handed). It appears that mounting it so the handle is pulled forward would work too, mine is on a corner so I can operate it either way. The auto mod looks like it would be worth the trouble, IF (and a big if) once its tuned it stays that way.

Or you can just get a 1050 and not have to worry about the SS600... :cheers:

jj

Rookie indeed... look out for the thread starting "I blew up my rifle - anyone know how to change a barrel..." :roflol:

I've been loading pistol for decades of course, but rifle is something I managed to avoid until now. After the swaging I should be OK. I have an RCBS X-Die lined up to (hopefully) reload my once-trimmed brass without the need for further routine trimming, or at least that's the theory :D .

Thanks again for all your guidance.

If you mount the swage vertically, with the handle on top you dramatically increase your production rate. It sounds odd, but I found this out when I tried it for the hell of it about ten years ago. A rubber band mounted to keep the handle semi-raised is handy.

I hadn't seen that trick for the auto-return. I'll have to try that.

I tried mounting mine sideways and at 90 degrees to the edge of the bench. I settled on 45 degrees with me standing about 45 degrees to the bench.

I have a 2x12 bolted to the bench and holes with T-Nuts underneath so I can install and remove various items when I want them. I mount the 600 with 3 allen bolts.

My600.wmv