Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I need a new belt

Shooting specific belts such as the CR Speed or Double Alpha are certainly worth the money. These belts use an inner belt that goes through your belt loops and a very rigid outer belt that velcros on top. The CR Speed is what the majority of us use. If you go the CR Speed route, be sure to add a 4 inches to your waist size when ordering. I do not have any experience with the Double Alpha belt, but understand that the inner belt is thinner and the outer belt is thicker. Hope this helps.

Shooting specific belts such as the CR Speed or Double Alpha are certainly worth the money. These belts use an inner belt that goes through your belt loops and a very rigid outer belt that velcros on top. The CR Speed is what the majority of us use. If you go the CR Speed route, be sure to add a 4 inches to your waist size when ordering. I do not have any experience with the Double Alpha belt, but understand that the inner belt is thinner and the outer belt is thicker. Hope this helps.

I see the CR 2001 in the Brownells catalog, is that the one you are talking about?

Order a CR speed from Shooters Connection. Thats where we all shop for our stuff! :cheers:

Register with them as a BE member and you get special pricing. You will probably have the belt two days after you order too. They can't be beat.

Order a CR speed from Shooters Connection. Thats where we all shop for our stuff! :cheers:

Register with them as a BE member and you get special pricing. You will probably have the belt two days after you order too. They can't be beat.

Are you serious?? How do you register?

I have a 2" belt and I cant find any mag. pouches that are 2". So I guess I need a new 1 1/2" belt any recommendations?

If you want to stick with that belt, the Blade-Tec Tec-Lock will work with it. Also, check with Chris at CPWSA on the Ready Tactical pouches - I think he can get them in 2"

Add 4" to the CR speed??? I was told to order 1 size larger. did I screw up?

Add 4" to the CR speed??? I was told to order 1 size larger. did I screw up?

Probably. Overlap is a good thing with these belts. I think most folks order them a couple sizes too big.

I recently decided to make my own belt because I wanted one that's thinner than the other ones on the market. Before that I was using a Bianchi inner and outer setup. The inner belt was a bit on the small side and I wound up just adding a strip of velcro to keep it closed long enough to get the outer belt on.

Friday I ordered the CR speed belt from Shooters Connection, should be here Monday!

Thanks for all the input.

Glad to have been of some help. PM sent.

I wish I would have known about this when I ordered in the past!

I like the CR Speed inner belt with a Double alpha outer belt. The DA outer is super stiff but the inner is too thin. 1-2 sizes larger gives a good overlap.

The wilderness tactical instructor belt is nice too if you don't want the quick detach when you get it hung on a barricade.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently decided to make my own belt because I wanted one that's thinner than the other ones on the market. Before that I was using a Bianchi inner and outer setup. The inner belt was a bit on the small side and I wound up just adding a strip of velcro to keep it closed long enough to get the outer belt on.

Dangucci or anyone else that might know,

I'm Looking at buying a Bianchi inner and outer belt (I received a gift card on Amazon and CR Speed and Double Alpha products aren't available there). I was wondering what width and thickness of belt the CR Speed Versa Mag Pouches will accept.

Thank you.