Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strong hand and dominant eye are opposite

kcult

I am... although I'm not quite a champion yet. Seriously- it's not that uncommon. I've heard that there are some top shooters that are cross dominant. I think Sevigny is... not 100% sure.

If I remember correctly, Brian Enos is cross eye dominant.

I am, too, but that is not as impressive... :closedeyes:

He might have been but I thought his dominance was weak and he "overcame" that issue and was able to use his right eye.

the only time I have much of a problem is with a sporting shotgun and targets coming fast from the left side.= my strong eye grabs the target and will not let go quick.

I don't think I give up much with a hand gun , Auto or revolver. with a rifle my right eye gets tired faster than if i was shooting handgun with my left eye.

But, I am not a Big Dog ....Under Dog maybey but not Big

I am left handed and right eye dominant when I shoot pistol. However, I shoot long guns right handed and am still right eye dominant. I write left handed and throw left handed, but, golf, play guitar, and bat right handed. I try not to think about it too much and try to get into the flow of what ever I am doing. Over analyzing just makes me slow and anxious. I suggest you don't fight nature and practice because that is what will make you better.

Oh yeah, and have fun.

I am left handed and right eye dominant when I shoot pistol. However, I shoot long guns right handed and am still right eye dominant. I write left handed and throw left handed, but, golf, play guitar, and bat right handed. I try not to think about it too much and try to get into the flow of what ever I am doing. Over analyzing just makes me slow and anxious. I suggest you don't fight nature and practice because that is what will make you better.

Oh yeah, and have fun.

Oh, with pistols it's no issue at all. It's everything else. If I'm shotgunning, shooting the rifle or my compound bow, I now wear a contact lens in my right eye....which I hate because I don't wear one any other time.

Sevigny and Koenig I believe are in your situation. I think Leatham was left handed but switched to right hand because of his eye dominance. Come to think of it Koenig might of switched also to right hand. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm one of those, left hand and right eye dominant. It wasn't always that way. At first I didn't have an eye dominance. They would fight back and forth. Started using the tape and it ended up clearing everything up. Now I shoot with no tape.

Easiest fix is just put the gun out in front of you with and then just literally move it over just a bit so the sights line up in front of your left eye. Its that simple. You won't need to move it more than an inch.

Flyin

kcult,

You start using that search function or I'm gonna have Santa Claus haunt you. ;)

I would rather ask an archeologist what he found than to stand around an exhibition with my hands in my pockets looking at his finds. Of course, I imagine once an archeologist keeps telling people over and over what he found, he may develop a bit of an attitude and would prefer people leave him alone. It's like the excitement has left him.

I did search, btw.

kcult,

You start using that search function or I'm gonna have Santa Claus haunt you. ;)

I would rather ask an archeologist what he found than to stand around an exhibition with my hands in my pockets looking at his finds. Of course, I imagine once an archeologist keeps telling people over and over what he found, he may develop a bit of an attitude and would prefer people leave him alone. It's like the excitement has left him.

I did search, btw.

Flex, you have a live one here....

Watch it Kcult, Flex will put some bad juju under your name if you don't respect the eye....Just look around at some other avatars...like mine.

This ain't my first rodeo, Grumpy. I mean no disrespect, but some things are meant for searchin' and some things aren't. I just never figured out the difference. Also, I'm game for anything anyone wants to throw short of the banstick.

This ain't my first rodeo, Grumpy. I mean no disrespect, but some things are meant for searchin' and some things aren't. I just never figured out the difference. Also, I'm game for anything anyone wants to throw short of the banstick.

Everything you ask in your original post has already been answered many times over in other post. All that is meant is that you need to put some work in and look this stuff up. Once you have done that then come back and ask questions. There are a great bunch of guys and you can ask a thousand questions but put some effort into looking some stuff up. Not saying you didn't but rather that is what is expected in this forum. If you can't find something just ask if anyone knows where the threads are. You may not be putting the right key words in. You will get plenty of help locating threads just like how Grumpy posted all those threads for you.

There is a great bunch of guys with a vast wealth of knowledge on this forum. Grumpy didn't mean any disrespect but rather just adding some humor and joking around. You will find that alot here on the forum.

Use the search function, read all you can. If you can't find something or still have questions post all the questions you want.

There is a great quote below a profile picture a certain person has. Click HERE and read the quote below the profile pic on the top left.

Flyin