Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger pull weight

Corey

I'm thinking of getting a trigger kit from Bill Springfield for my AR. While the trigger in it currently isn't horrible, a cleaner break with a lighter pull wouldn't hurt ;)

What weight triggers are you running in your rifles? I know a lot of people like to go low on pistol triggers, but how low should a person go with a rifle trigger?

Thanks!

I have shot anywhere from 2# to 3.5#, it has more to do with the type of break than anything for me. several of my rifles have 2 stage triggers, and I have no problem with them, a 2 stage trigger is much like pulling on a glock trigger just get used to it and you are ok. I buddies rifle has a JP in it that feels much lighter than my JP trigger but I believe it is the same only a much cleaner and crisper break. whatever you use just get used to it and you will do better. my pistols are all 2#-2.5#, and my SG's are all stock.

trapr

trpr knows his rifle stuff. In my Bushmaster that had a decent trigger I put the JP 3.5# springs ($9.00) and it lightened the trigger up a lot and it feels pretty good around 4-5# and fairly crisp.

I did this after I had a good compensator and after I had a good optic which I think need to come first or all at once. I don't know that the trigger did anything for me in results, but the comp and optic made a huge difference.

Im looking into some optic options right now as well (see my other thread, haha). for now im just planning on using my 16" un-comp'd rifle as an intro to 3gun setup until i can figure out what i want/need in a true 3-gun setup

I have a Chip McCormick single stage modular trigger that breaks at 3.25 lbs in my Ar-15 and really like it. It has run great with zero problems since I installed it several years ago. The single stage is crisp with very little take up. I find it easier to control than a two stage trigger.

Phil G

trpr knows his rifle stuff. In my Bushmaster that had a decent trigger I put the JP 3.5# springs ($9.00) and it lightened the trigger up a lot and it feels pretty good around 4-5# and fairly crisp.

I did this after I had a good compensator and after I had a good optic which I think need to come first or all at once. I don't know that the trigger did anything for me in results, but the comp and optic made a huge difference.

+1 except they are $10 lol, changing to a lighter spring will help trigger pull, but must test it with your loads to make sure they go bang.

Jard 2 pound in my competition gun. I have a bill springfield trigger in my SBR and with the bobbed hammer is 100 percent reliable. I also have a JP in a gun as well. I prefer the jard over the others and feel bill springfields is on par with the JP and much less money