Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Best To Read THE BOOK

doc540

How do you recommend the book to be read?

Cover to cover?

One chapter at a time with practice before moving on?

Sometimes I can't wait to get through it while other times I read two pages over and over and wonder if I should spend a month on a singular practice piece.

What say you?

read it cover to cover, try to remember some of it, shoot a couple matches. then read it again. its like a brand new book the 2nd time after your exposed to some of the information it contains in real life.

If you are just getting started in "Open Mind" reading and 25% of the book makes sense to you the first time you read it. Thin you will be in the top 80% .

I don't know much but I think the Book, Shooting,and life is about the path you take climbing to the next level. You don't really know what you learned or ware you were until you can "look back on it" If you do not enjoy and experience, the place you are /page you read / time you spent with a loved one. You may have to look back and say I wasted part of my time.

I had a hard time reading more than a few pages at a time , but I got a lot out of each page. Just no way to grasp all the information until it sneaks up on you. ; " How did I know that"

Edited by AlamoShooter

I cruised through it a couple of times. Some things will stick out for you that may not for others. Pay attention to your attention when reading to pick up on points salient to your unique self.

I got alot out of being aware when practicing. Helps you to be the best teacher of YOU. Transfers nicely to shooting tournaments.

I read it cover to cover the first time and remember thinking "Brian is really out there". However I've read it two more times and learned/realized that Brian is a deep thinking, brilliant shooter.

So, I would say, read it cover to cover every time you need to. If you stick with the sport, you'll refer back to it several times.

That reminds me........I need to read it again.

THANK YOU BRIAN FOR THE BOOK :cheers:

There is a ton of info in there. If your a new shooter alot of it will be over your head. You'll understand some of it the first time through. Read it cover to cover and keep reading on the forums. As you progress through your skills and start to understand things more you can reread the book again and get a ton of stuff out of it that went over your head the first time. I would say read it at least a couple times a yr. Everytime I reread it I still pick things up I didn't catch onto the before.

Flyin

I have read it cover to cover 4 or 5 times, and various sections intermittently since. My first copy fell apart with use. The second is getting there.

I always understand at least some of each read differently each time, based on my experiences shooting in the interval.

Going on vacation in three or four weeks. The Book will be coming with me.