Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new to handgun reloading 9mm help needed

Scarab

My son and I have just started production class with our Glocks 17 and 34.. I have always loaded rifle rounds.. Need help with crimp and what powder to use?? I have some 124gr JHP that I got off of Gun Broker.. Not sure of brand but look like Montana Gold's. Whats a good powder for the 9mm??

Welcome to the forum and Production division. Of course you should refer to your manual for starters. Then check our 9mm sub-forum for tons of minor load favorites. Have fun be safe.

Jim

I use Winchester 231 with 124 JHP. Power Pistol is a highly recommended powder but I've never used it. AA5 and AA7 also work fine for me. Others in the game will chime in with more data. Powder availablilty in your area will influnce what you use.

When you are developing loads you need to use a chronograph. Remember to check your loads under different weather conditions some powders are temperature sensitive. Start with the minimum loads and work your way up. You will need to check the loads in both guns due to difference in barrel length.

My son and I have just started production class with our Glocks 17 and 34.. I have always loaded rifle rounds.. Need help with crimp and what powder to use?? I have some 124gr JHP that I got off of Gun Broker.. Not sure of brand but look like Montana Gold's. Whats a good powder for the 9mm??

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58791

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=72

be

where do I find the 9mm forum? I only have the net on my phone.. 2" screen s--ks...

Go to the main page of the forum. Then go down, about half way, to the General Reloading thread. From there go to the 9mm/38 sub thread.

I like VVn320 for my jacketed 9mm loads. Tite Group is decent too.

Hi there

My favorite powder is Vuhtavuori N330 which was specifically designed for 9mm. Measures well and has a very consistent burning rate. I have found that the 145gr projectiles with 3.8-3.9gr powder gives me the best accuracy. The overall length of the load should be 29mm.

Reloading is half of the fun.

Regards villihun