Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiocchi dummy shotgun ammo

TruePunisher

So people that are using the Fiocchi dummy shotgun ammo, how are they holding up to repeated loading and un-loading? Does the "brass" get all beat up and make the ammo hard to insert in the tube after XXX amount of times? When I am loading hot ammo over and over, they end up getting all munched up and can be troublesome.

Also, I am having a difficult time locating some so if you have suggestions on where to look or if something else similar is out there I would be open to that as well.

I have been using the Fiocchi Dummy rounds for about 7 months. I would guess that I have reloaded over 10,000 rounds into my gun. So that would be around 1,000 times each shell has been in my gun. They are not worn out yet but I am looking for a new set.

I can't find the Fiocchi anywhere either???

Edited by jtischauser

I have been using the Fiocchi Dummy rounds for about 7 months. I would guess that I have reloaded over 10,000 rounds into my gun. So that would be around 1,000 times each shell has been in my gun. They are not worn out yet but I am looking for a new set.

I can't find the Fiocchi anywhere either???

Well then they last much longer then the normal Federals I have been shooting. They go through the loading cycle about 20-30 times and then they are like running your hand backwards across fish scales when trying to load the ammo in the tube, not silky smooth to say the least.

Every place I see that sells them online is out of stock.

Gentlemen,

I bought 25 of these from LE Targets, Inc. http://letargets.com/estylez_item.aspx?item=ST-12

They have a brass base and no guts other than the orange insert. They are holding up well, but I am considering putting some lead shot in them and topping it off with hot glue in order to increase the heft.

They seem to be well made.

Cheers,

Kyle

(PS - Fiocchi was my first choice as well, but I cannot find them either.) :(

• 2 years later...

The Fiocchi dummy rounds hold up very well. Just don't dry fire in them! Used some of James, which he had loaned to soneone else who did dryfire in them. They got bent up and scared me when they started to blow by the shell latch.

Jesse

How did the ones you ordered from brownells hold up? They still seem to be the only thing instock

I never bought anything but the fiocchi's.

Last week either CDNN or Cheaper Than Dirt e-mailed me that they had a limited supply of the Fiocchi Dummy Shotgun rounds in stock. Don't know if they still have a few boxes.

Bill

• 5 months later...