Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Classifier Hatcam - CDP

Shot a classifier this week and brought my camera out to document it. First time getting classified in CDP. I know this must be boring for most of you but I'd appreciate any tips on improving. thanks!

Shot a classifier this week and brought my camera out to document it. First time getting classified in CDP. I know this must be boring for most of you but I'd appreciate any tips on improving. thanks!

Wow, pretty obvious, and I certainly don't know IDPA rules, but if you had done what you did in that video at a USPSA match, you wouldn't be shooting it... you'd have gone home with a DQ... your finger was clearing in the trigger guard on that initial load... Funny too, I didn't even watch the rest of the video after than..

Be careful, and be advised, that's a very bad habit and one that is usually pretty hard to break...

Sorry, I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night, but I did just get my RO certification :)

And remember, you *did* ask for comments :)...

Alan

I watched it several times and while his finger is visible through the trigger guard it's clearly not IN the trigger guard. It's obvious that the tip of his finger was contacting the frame at the front of the trigger guard.

Yeah, but I just watched a guy get DQed for his finger LOOKING like it was in the trigger guard. I won't go into the rule or anything but if you keep your finger straight it won't even look like it.

Wow, pretty obvious, and I certainly don't know IDPA rules, but if you had done what you did in that video at a USPSA match, you wouldn't be shooting it... you'd have gone home with a DQ... your finger was clearing in the trigger guard on that initial load... Funny too, I didn't even watch the rest of the video after than..

Be careful, and be advised, that's a very bad habit and one that is usually pretty hard to break...

Sorry, I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night, but I did just get my RO certification :)

And remember, you *did* ask for comments :)...

Alan

You finger wasn't in the trigger guard. Also he did ask for comments just make sure you right before you answer. :rolleyes:

Flyin

I don't shoot a lot of IDPA---but why do most people shoot the same gun in uspsa and idpa--5" 45 is not my carry gun----try it with a --J-frame--or your little 380,you have crammed in your pocket -- :unsure: be aware I am not grumbling I want to shoot all we can and I like it--a lot to rermember also --

Edited by EEH

• 2 months later...

I don't shoot a lot of IDPA---but why do most people shoot the same gun in uspsa and idpa--5" 45 is not my carry gun----try it with a --J-frame--or your little 380,you have crammed in your pocket -- :unsure: be aware I am not grumbling I want to shoot all we can and I like it--a lot to rermember also --

I believe the minimum IDPA cal. is 9mm. I'm not 100% but I don't think you can shoot 380...someone correct me if im wrong, but IDPA rulebook states 9mm or up for SSP class.

Overall, I'd uggest working on your longer shots and especially your moving shots....don't anticipate the recoil so much (we saw you flinch a few times).

• 1 year later...