Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Limited gun

jwfuhrman

Ok so Im shooting Production with my G34 right now, but Im going to switch to Limited. Dont really have the money to get a G35, so heres what Ive already got for my G34 to shoot limited:

SEMI-AUTO RECOIL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM

* Mfr:SPRINCO USA

*17L, 24, 24C, 34, 35, SS fits Glock

Some +5 mag bases

JP Enterprises Small Magwell

Id REALLY like a Beavertail of some sorts. I have large hands, fat hands and to get the right grip on my G34 my fatness pushes up and Ive got some nasty slide bite. Ive tried working on a different grip but it just doesn't feel natural and I don't shoot as well with anything but what I'm using. Anyone recommend a beavertail that doesnt require alot of modifications?

Anything else I should think of, sights obviously, but im just not sure about what you can do to a glock 34 for limited class.

maybe heavier guide rod to keep the front end flat (not that it moves much anyway...)

As for teh slide bite...it was bite when it first happens. after last weekend, its slide gouge :roflol:

Post #32 in this thread has a picture of a drop-in beavertail. You might ask him about it:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103812

My opinion, Sprinco and any striker-fired gun just don't together. A double spring means you have less force holding the slide closed as you pull the trigger. Better for a Glock is a conventional spring. You might look at Jager and GlockWorx in the vendor forums - they both make heavy guide rods for standard springs and they both cost a little less than a Tungsten rod.

for a 9mm in limited just add the mag extensions and go have fun, don't listen to those that say limited is for 40's only. I along with most of the other local shooters regularly get beat by a couple of guys shooting production guns scoring minor.

as for a beaver tail I thinck center of mas has a simple kydex one.

Mike

I shoot my Glock 34 in Limited and L10 pretty regularly. The only mods I use are a Dawson Heavy Ice magwell and Arredondo +5 basepads (which actually get you +6 with 9mm.

Skip the Springco crap. If you want a different guiderod, go with a Jager steel or THE tungsten rod.

The best form of recoil management is proper technique.

I know some guys that made their own beaver tail out of some sort of epoxy or something. I can find out more tomorrow if I remember to ask, and if you are interested. It looks kind of funny, but was very functional.

Gene

I asked today, and the guy added one out of fiberglass. I didn't hear specifically, but he just said to google "fiberglass beavertail", maybe add "Glock" to that, and it should pop right up. I know it is not an "on-off" deal but does work very well.

Don't forget to get some grip tape, and also get rid of the dang extended slide lock lever.

Good luck,

WG

got some decent ideas and learned some things from this thread. I think I finally fixed my grip so I no longer get slide bite, so I dont really need the beavertail. Im looking into a Mag Well, some sights(maybe as I modified my front site with a lil Neon Orange paint on the white dot). Def gonna get the mag extensions for at least 3 of my mags(they are kinda pricey). Now I just gotta remember I can shoot more than 10rds before I have to reload haha.

Anyone have the links to the websites for the mag wells, mag bases and the heavier guide rods you all suggested?

Thanks a ton!

- Jon

got some decent ideas and learned some things from this thread. I think I finally fixed my grip so I no longer get slide bite, so I dont really need the beavertail. Im looking into a Mag Well, some sights(maybe as I modified my front site with a lil Neon Orange paint on the white dot). Def gonna get the mag extensions for at least 3 of my mags(they are kinda pricey). Now I just gotta remember I can shoot more than 10rds before I have to reload haha.

Anyone have the links to the websites for the mag wells, mag bases and the heavier guide rods you all suggested?

Thanks a ton!

- Jon

www.cpwsa.com

He has it all and he's a great guy. :cheers:

Chris has silver Dawson ICE magwells for $65, a pretty good deal. There is a lot of great stuff on that sight and he ships cheap. Keep in mind you can also use triggers that have external mods when switching to limited if your inclined that way.

Chris has silver Dawson ICE magwells for $65, a pretty good deal. There is a lot of great stuff on that sight and he ships cheap. Keep in mind you can also use triggers that have external mods when switching to limited if your inclined that way.

Like a Vanek. I love mine. :wub:

Re read your original post. For limited I wouldn't do anything that would make your 34 illegal for production with a few minor changes. A beaver-tail would be a bad idea on a 34 as it would kill your resale value. A 34 is a fun gun for Limited not a serious player.

For a serious Limited gun there really is no other player in my book than a S-I 2011.

That said, I just built up a Limited minor/ 3-gun 34 and it is a kick in the tail to shoot.

Vanek SGM trigger kit, Wolf guide rod and spring, ICE mag-well, Dawson/Heinie sights, grip tape.

By the way yanked the extended mag release and put a standard one on there as I was hitting the extended one.

post-234-127156125595_thumb.jpg

post-234-127156126986_thumb.jpg

Edited by blkbrd

Re read your original post. For limited I wouldn't do anything that would make your 34 illegal for production with a few minor changes. A beaver-tail would be a bad idea on a 34 as it would kill your resale value. A 34 is a fun gun for Limited not a serious player.

For a serious Limited gun there really is no other player in my book than a S-I 2011.

That said, I just built up a Limited minor/ 3-gun 34 and it is a kick in the tail to shoot.

Vanek SGM trigger kit, Wolf guide rod and spring, ICE mag-well, Dawson/Heinie sights, grip tape.

By the way yanked the extended mag release and put a standard one on there as I was hitting the extended one.

Glock 35s are very competitive in Limited. I beat quite a few 2011's already with mine. :devil:

Id REALLY like a Beavertail of some sorts. I have large hands, fat hands and to get the right grip on my G34 my fatness pushes up and Ive got some nasty slide bite.

As others have said, a beaver-tail is a bad idea as it will ruin the gun for production as well as for resale. Also, if you are already having trouble with the grip, do not add a mag well because that will just push your hand up higher.

If you want a bit of extra weight in the butt and a better guide ramp, get a Seattle Slug.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Im going to skip on a magwell. I really dont have any problems with getting my mags into my gun because of the way I index my mags, my "index" finger rides on my grip and aims the mags up into my gun.

I did get the Arrdeno(spelling wrong I know) +5 G17 base pads(and springs) plus the ISMI 13# guide rod and ISMI spring. The only other thing I may do is a Vanek(sp) trigger as Ive been told those are Production legal.

Going this route will allow me to shoot either or. Mag bases can stay on as long as I dont load them to more than 10 for Prod correct?

I think Im going to skip on a magwell. I really dont have any problems with getting my mags into my gun because of the way I index my mags, my "index" finger rides on my grip and aims the mags up into my gun.

I did get the Arrdeno(spelling wrong I know) +5 G17 base pads(and springs) plus the ISMI 13# guide rod and ISMI spring. The only other thing I may do is a Vanek(sp) trigger as Ive been told those are Production legal.

Going this route will allow me to shoot either or. Mag bases can stay on as long as I dont load them to more than 10 for Prod correct?

Just add the magwell later if you want to stay in limited, it's an easy on/off.

Vanek sells more than one trigger so watch which one you end up with. The Classic version is the production legal one.

I don't shoot production, but I doubt you can leave the extended base pads on. Either way, they are another easy on/off.