Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Predator Movie

The problem is Dark Horse comics manages to make better plot lines than they've done in all the sequels. Hell AvP 2 and 3 for the PC had better plot lines than any of the movies. They change stuff to make it appeal more to a mass market, when really the only people who care about this stuff are the fan boys.

• 3 weeks later...

Was talking to a guy preparing the new Predator movie for release. He says it is a sequel to the original Predator, unlike the other "sequels.

He thinks it will be a pretty good movie. Time will tell.

edited for clarity

Edited by CenTX

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My daughter saw the new Predators movie last night. She said it's not her kind of movie, but technically good and that I would probably like it. She never saw the original, so nothing to really compare it to.

I thought it was a worthy sequel. It was good. Nothing unexpected and no plot twists that weren't figured out from the outset. I didn't really care for the main dude's attempt at a deep, menacing voice. It was overplayed after the first scene.

Overall, though, I enjoyed it. Plenty of good action.

• 2 weeks later...
That's not too surprising. Austin really belongs on another planet.

Robert Rodriguez, the director of "Predators" shoots most of his films in and around Austin and various other Texas locations. His special effects firm is also based out of Austin, iirc.