• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What has happened to all the interest in the CZ712? Seems like there is more interest in the Stoeger M3000...

Is the M3000 that much better all around then the CZ? or just easier to use/modify for 3 gun?

M3000 requires a mag tube and it's 3-gun ready. It uses the reliable inertia system like Benellis so it's reliable. Gonna see a lot of them at matches this year.

• 1 month later...

So my next match has a slug stage built into it....go figure I havent run slugs through this gun yet. I know there are a million different opinions and options out there, but i was wondering what slugs seem to like the 712 (or vice versa). Just as a side note gun is still running great!

• 3 weeks later...

Need some input... I have begun to have some feeding issues. With the bolt forward I can load the mag tube with 8 rounds with no issues. When I charge the bolt handle the round In the tube does not come out and gets chambered. It will not cycle manually.

Any suggestions?

Need some input... I have begun to have some feeding issues. With the bolt forward I can load the mag tube with 8 rounds with no issues. When I charge the bolt handle the round In the tube does not come out and gets chambered. It will not cycle manually.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like the follower/mag spring is getting stuck. I had this issue when I switched the the mag tube follower from Nordic. It would stick, so I switched back to the stock follower and the issue went away.

In practice this week my 712 went full auto. Now when I drop the bolt the hammer follows. If I ease the bolt forward the hammer stays back but the trigger is dead. Didn't have time to crack it open yet. Anyone got any ideas?

Keith

5early

That happened to mine. The disconnecter is not catching the hammer. Call CZ and take the old hammer out and they will send you a new one. CZ has good customer service and will take good care of you.

Schultz

5early

That happened to mine. The disconnecter is not catching the hammer. Call CZ and take the old hammer out and they will send you a new one. CZ has good customer service and will take good care of you.

Schultz

Thanks sschultz, did yours also lock up the trigger? I'm wondering if the trigger return spring popped out.

Yep I've seen a couple of them pop the trigger return spring out of it's detention cup. Had to drill the detention cup deeper on one of them. I would ask this question over on Boomershooter, that is where the real shotgun experts hang out.

Switched an same result. No feed manually. It will drop when I hit the carrier release on lifter but still no manual cycle. It does cycle while shooting......weird! Disassembled and cleaned and polished no change...

Switched an same result. No feed manually. It will drop when I hit the carrier release on lifter but still no manual cycle. It does cycle while shooting......weird! Disassembled and cleaned and polished no change...

This may be a silly suggestion so I apologize in advance. But when you finish loading the tube have you been pressing the load gate release button so it will feed into the chamber?

RDF5186 the 712 will never feed one from the tube unless one of two things happen.

ONE: The trigger is pulled. I recommend you only do this while shooting.

TWO: Tripping the carrier tab at the bottom back of the carrier, while NOT shooting.

The 712/720 operate almost identically to the M1/M2 Benelli, but instead of a little tab by the trigger guard your little tab is at the bottom back of the lifter/carrier.

5early, I'm glad the experts over at Boomer got you all fixed up! No one knows more about shotguns than they do!!! I'm sure all of those guys have a great tutorial about your disassembly/assembly problem, but if they wont share, look up how to D.C.O.A. an M1/M2 Benelli, they are almost identical. I would also look at the schematics for an M1 trigger mechinisim over on Benelli it will help you determine what might be broke. Once again they are almost identical to the M1/M2 Benelli