Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-USA Model 712 Utility

Got a couple quotes, still not to the point where I can offer it at a price that would be fair. The extra slots are what is killing it, but I'm worried about the extra weight effecting reliability.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about a paddle like the first one without any fancy cuts? Or, make it a little smaller with no cuts?

That paddle saddly is a complete no go. My quotes at 30+ units were 90 EACH just for production.

Yeah from what I have run into is anything under 100pcs is gonna cost a bunch! like my springs I had made, I went in the hole on those but just wanted to help you fella's out,now if I'd have made 100 set's I'd have not taken a beating. It's hard to get anything made for a reasonable cost in small qty's

zfields I've got an idea for you, might not be as cool but it would work well. Shoot me a pm if you'd like the idea, my guys are busy so I can't get anyone to take time away from normal production. Later,

Kirk

how about just having a threaded end, lol. let us figure out what to put on it haha. shape up a threaded rod to go in the bolt. i'll thread a hardwood handle on it. :)

That's funny, I was talking to a buddy of mine, and we were bouncing around just putting a 1/2x28 thread on it, and you can stick an AR muzzle device of your choice on it.

i bet you could start with a threaded rod or rebar, and just cut the part that goes into the bolt, lol.

it'd give us something to do with those stupid A2 flash hiders!! :cheers:

the only problem is you go from 5.95mm, to 4.5mm, then back up to whatever handle size you want to do.

Meh. I'll just pay someone to shoot my shotgun stages for me. :)

Awe cmon, shotgun is the best part :)

Happen to seen a big bucket of A2's for cheap :) I think that may get this price point down into doable territory.

For some reason I couldn't get that clamp to work with mine... : shrug :

Only mods are a tricomp front sight, nordic +4 tube, lifter welded by crums, then enlarged the gas ports and trimmed the spring a little. Runs like a champ.

post-15761-0-66992400-1369269396_thumb.j

Edited by burningsquirrels

The pistol is a -97B (because .45), and actually belongs to Mr. Coleburn.

I don't know if the maroon would go as well with the wood grips. I like the dark look with the black furniture.

Now, if CZ decided to market a semi version of their new assault rifle in the States, I could get one of those and an SP-01 and run an all Czech battery...

The pistol is a -97B (because .45), and actually belongs to Mr. Coleburn.

I don't know if the maroon would go as well with the wood grips. I like the dark look with the black furniture.

Now, if CZ decided to market a semi version of their new assault rifle in the States, I could get one of those and an SP-01 and run an all Czech battery...

Almost all Czech. The shotgun is Turkish. Gobble gobble.

I got the CZ 712 but not the utility as i wanted a longer barrel( 26" personal choice) ..other than a mag tube what are the "hot set-ups" for these?

right now i have ordered a Briley +10 mag tube and next getting the tomstone HI-VIZ sight package..but wondering about opening gas ports , changing/reworking trigger , and polishing slides etc.. anyone had any luck with the latter of those things?

We have not done anything to my son's CZ other than swap the stock to an Akita adj. stock and the Nordic mag tube and plus 1 cap. I made sure there was not any sharp edges in the loading port or lifter, but have not welded the lifter or changed anything else. The gun runs great. Shot a match @ CCC yesterday with Langenator's great looking CZ and my son's and after a couple of hundred tough shots they both worked perfect. My son was shooting Estate game and target loads, 3.25 dram and 1 oz. shot, $6 a box ammo. Don't see any need to mess with success.

gerritm

I ran Rio #8 target loads and #7.5 Estate in mine, plus a few Remington Sureshot #6. Even ran some random range pick up shells and everything ran great.

The only thing I've done to mine is add a Nordic tube, follower, and clamp, plus a Hi-Viz sight. That and the Aggie maroon Cerakote job.

If I could find a charging handle and a +1.5" tube cap, I'd add those.

I ran Rio #8 target loads and #7.5 Estate in mine, plus a few Remington Sureshot #6. Even ran some random range pick up shells and everything ran great.

The only thing I've done to mine is add a Nordic tube, follower, and clamp, plus a Hi-Viz sight. That and the Aggie maroon Cerakote job.

If I could find a charging handle and a +1.5" tube cap, I'd add those.

Still working on the handle....I think I found the shop to do it

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2