Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help With G34 Light Load, Please

tracecom

I use in my G34 4.0 N340 with 147grain H&N HS KS bullets and federal 200 primers,

PF is around 132 it works perfect with the original Glock spring I just put in stainless steel rod. Lately I installed a sprinco system which reduces the recoil a bit more but even with the original it was not that strong and with that load the steel falls on long distances with no problem.

Cheers

DVC

Chris

"it seems logical that recoil ought to be 18% less"

There's more variables than just the powder charge and bullet weight. The first that comes to mind is the internal case volume of the cartridge, and the bore volume varying over time as the bullet travels down the barrel. Between a heavier a bullet and a greater volume for the gases to occupy, I draw a great big ????? on what that does to presurre. There's also the issues of bearing surface, barrel weight, case neck tension, blah blah blah. :wacko:

I gave up trying to analyze and predict. The Way is to experiment.

My 9 load in a 34 is 5.4 Grs of AA#5 under a 147 Precision, last time it was chrono'd it was a 145 PF. The gun shoots much flatter and faster then it ever did with a 124 at a 130 PF.

You are wise, young Jedi. May others heed your words.

• 4 months later...

depending on the lot of powder. .2 grains means jack crap. all powders even though they are the same brand and kind you use are not the same as the stuff in the can at the house.

my G34 shoots plenty soft with winchester white box, it too makes the 145-147 pf. or about 1280 fps. i load mine with 115 rainiers and a max load of power pistol, i know its too much for the 125 pf of production, but im never gonna shoot for no score. they show 1280 fps from their test barrel, my loads in my gun with federal primers and winchester cases give 1350 fps... i do this now because i was at a uspsa match(local) with uncalibrated poppers. the 40s were having some trouble knocking them down and i was stuck with CCI blazers...needles to say there were some double tapped steel trying to get them to fall.

i have used every bullet weight avvailable for the9mm, 88 to 151 grains.. the 95 grain 380 auto bullets seem to be good for plate racks, poppers hate em though.

also i dont have malfucntions with the warmer loads.. the 10+1 situation happens to lots of my buddies i know who try the 40 caliber in production at anemic power levels. their 40s sound like firecrackers that got wet. weeeeak/

put the factory springs back in it. shoot 115, or 124 grain bullets at 1150-1300 fps depending on bullet weight.... i think you will find your sights will be back on target faster than with the slower gun. (less spring= slower cyclic rate)

my 2 cents

Well I must say I do like the warmer loads in the 9x19.

A friend was trying a borrowed load and working with it last month with VV320 and Zero 147 JHP. Man with 3.2 grs at 1.130 .374/6 crimp and it seemed like I heard the report but felt nothing! Gun (G34) moves about 1.5 inches up and comes straight down. It was fun/ny. I will try it., well my thrifty copy of TG powder and WC bullets.

The accuracy was great and though I can match SD with many different powders that he got, that was the first he ever got in the single digits and we chrony 20.

Now I am thinking due to what I call a wierd bullet it may have less recoil, felt or otherwise. Due to cost I will be starting my testing with WC and TG as stated. Around here VV powders are - well very expensive.

Heck my kids load goes 124.x on a cool day and it is soft using 115gr bullets. All the babble and it will come dwn to what seems to work for me. I tried dwnlding 115 and 124s and sucked becasue my timing was FOBAR and it just felt wrong.

So for a proven round VV320 w/ a zero 147JHP is soft and accurate.

sb

My 9 load in a 34 is 5.4 Grs of AA#5 under a 147 Precision, last time it was chrono'd it was a 145 PF. The gun shoots much flatter and faster then it ever did with a 124 at a 130 PF. OAL G34/35 from Topglock.

Interesting...

I was wondering if you could tell me what that OAL is for that load. I checked the Topglock web-site to see if they had any reference to OAL for a G34 but I could not find anything.

Thanks,

Cor

• 2 years later...

bump on an old thread..

shooting some 147s at 1000 FPS and the gun runs like a champ.

after shooting open, i dont really want a soft gun...i want a FAST gun...one that recovers faster IS faster. dont really know if thats what anyone is looking for other than im still against underspringing a Glock and shooting Poot-poot loads in it.

SHoot an EL prez with 128 PF ammo and with 145 PF ammo and see if the points suffer...mine got better with more power...and the times were so close to the same i could not tell taht the load made a difference there.

harmon