Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bang bang bang click click click

snertley

Had our first match on sat. And my gun stopped solid on 6th round of one stage. Then next stage I shot 3 rounds then 3 miss fires with no hits on the primers. Reloaded and finished the stage without a problem. Changed to my backup gun for the last stage. Any ideas to look for before I open it up on thursday? I am no revo troble shooter. Thank guys!

Jon

Jon,

Sounds like our old nemesis Skip Chambers might have showed up at your match.

See if it's free-wheeling intermittently. If so, replacing the cylinder stop and cylinder stop spring might do the trick.

Also check the firing pin and spring.

If you can't get it figured out, let me know.

Mike

Also, if you are running a light action, check the moon with the three clicks and see if the firing pin hit on the rim, just past the primer.

If this happened then also along with what has been posted look at your center pin hole in the recoil shield too....If it is elongated that will cause problems with a really light action.

Good luck,

DougC

Is it possible that you were not returning the trigger fully forward? Three times consecutively would seem unlikely but still possible. I had this problem when I shot mostly Glocks for a while and then came back to the revolver. I had a few clicks in a match and was starting to suspect Skip Chambers, since my 625 was heavily worn and it can't possibly be my fault. But it WAS my fault and it has never happened again now that I am back to shooting my revolvers full time.

Dave Sinko

Check for peening of the cylinder stop slots on the cylinder. I had a revolver that had just enough peening that even a new cylinder stop did not fix the problem. I had the entrance ramp made a little wider and centered and the stops recut on my cylinder.

Had our first match on sat. And my gun stopped solid on 6th round of one stage. Then next stage I shot 3 rounds then 3 miss fires with no hits on the primers. Reloaded and finished the stage without a problem. Changed to my backup gun for the last stage. Any ideas to look for before I open it up on thursday? I am no revo troble shooter. Thank guys!

Jon

I would take a close look at the hammer block, if it is bent or has too much oil it can stick in the block position. You can check it quickly, first empty the gun, then cock the hammer, you will see the hammer block just below the firing pin or firing pin hole depending on how old you gun is. Turn the gun upside down then back up, the hammer block should slide up and down without interruption.

I would take a close look at the hammer block, if it is bent or has too much oil it can stick in the block position. You can check it quickly, first empty the gun, then cock the hammer, you will see the hammer block just below the firing pin or firing pin hole depending on how old you gun is. Turn the gun upside down then back up, the hammer block should slide up and down without interruption.

Well I do know its not the hammer block because its in a little baggy somewhere in my gun room. I put in a new firing pin bushing late last fall before the MCC and that has only about 500 rounds on that, and I even had cleaned up the cylinder stop groves on the cylinder last fall too. I am thinking it is the firing pin spring might be broken, that might explain the the cylinder locking up on my last shot of a stage and maybe blocking the firing pin on the next stage for those 3 miss fires.

Check to make sure that the hook part of the cylinder stop is not touching the back of the stop window. If there is not a gap there, file a little off the end of the stop to give some clearance. It sounds like the stop is intermittently not engaging the cylinder. If the end of stop touches the end of the window, sometimes it won't go back up.

Fluting the cylinder would be a good place to start :sight::D

Steve

That was on the one WITH the flutes. May be there is the problem....... cause my unfluted gun ran like a champ!

You are a funny guy SCI. :goof:

Edited by snertley

another thing to check is the sear spring on the hammer. I had one get bent (I think from testing the trigger with the side plate off) it would intermitantly not reset the hammer but the cylinder still rotated and stoped where it should. it took a little while to figure out that the hammer was not goung back because I was loooking at the sights and everything else was moving like it should.

Mike