Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings from sunny California

huck99

I’m 49 years old and I’ve been a hunter my whole life. Never saw any use for handguns till I saw a 3-gun match. I bought my first pistol in July and I have participated in a few USPSA handgun matches myself now.

I’m going to buy another handgun in the next few months and trying to decide what would be best for production class USPSA. As many of you know, California has a roster of handguns that are legal to sell, so I’m a little bit limited.

:cheers:

I’m 49 years old and I’ve been a hunter my whole life. Never saw any use for handguns till I saw a 3-gun match. I bought my first pistol in July and I have participated in a few USPSA handgun matches myself now.

I’m going to buy another handgun in the next few months and trying to decide what would be best for production class USPSA. As many of you know, California has a roster of handguns that are legal to sell, so I’m a little bit limited.

:cheers:

Mark,

Welcome to Benos forums! :cheers:

Welcome to the forums. There are alot of different pistols but as you say Cali. has it's limits. What are you using for 3 gun?

I'm not doing 3-gun yet - just USPSA pistol. I have a few things to do before I can do 3-gun. It's a little different here because of the laws on detachable magazines. I have an AR-15 that's 90% RRA. I have several shotguns and the one pistol I have is an FNP-40.

If you are in the Palm Springs area, or close by, come out and shoot the 4th Sunday of the month. Our USPSA match just keeps getting better and better. Last months was one of the best yet. Round count can be anywhere from 150-200, Bring what you got, and meet some fellow shooters.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Welcome,

For USPSA production I would consider a Glock 34; it's relatively inexpensive to start with and replacement parts/upgrades are pretty cheap.

Mike

That's at the top of my list currently, but I'd like something made in the US, if possible. I don't think the XD Tactical is made in the US, either.

These are the requirements I've come up with so far:

9mm

5 inch barrel

Internal firing pin / striker (no external hammer)

No external safety (trigger safety okay)

Must have magazines that fit manufactured before 2000

If you are in the Palm Springs area, or close by, come out and shoot the 4th Sunday of the month. Our USPSA match just keeps getting better and better. Last months was one of the best yet. Round count can be anywhere from 150-200, Bring what you got, and meet some fellow shooters.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Alas, I'm in NorCal. I should have mentioned that. I'm about 50 miles east of SF.

Glocks are like Japanese cars. They are made in the US most likely. Do some research on here before buying. I bucked the trend a year ago and bought something besides a G34 for production. Finally got a Glock and have no regrets.

Welcome to the forums!

• 2 months later...

Glocks are like Japanese cars. They are made in the US most likely. Do some research on here before buying. I bucked the trend a year ago and bought something besides a G34 for production. Finally got a Glock and have no regrets.

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the advice.

So, two months later I have my G34. Love the gun. My 10 day waiting period was over at 7:30 PM on Saturday night and the local USPSA match was the next day, so the first time I shot mine was in competition. I still have a loooong way before I'm any good at this, but that was the best match I've had yet.

Welcome to the forums.

Not only are there good matches close to you (Davis and Sacramento), travelling just a bit further afield will get you to either Reno (Say Hi from me to James and the crew), or out our way at Richmond.

Kevin C

Welcome to the forums.

Not only are there good matches close to you (Davis and Sacramento), travelling just a bit further afield will get you to either Reno (Say Hi from me to James and the crew), or out our way at Richmond.

Kevin C

We plan to do Richmond this summer sometime. It's about 80 miles from me, so not too bad. We did the USPSA training with Andy in Chabot already.

What city are you in? Concord has a USPSA 'like' club. It's members only, so it can't be USPSA, also has Steel 'like' matches. And 3 Gun every other month.

I'm in Mountain House, CA - just a short drive over the hill from you.

Welcome to the forums.

Kevin C

We plan to do Richmond this summer sometime. It's about 80 miles from me, so not too bad. We did the USPSA training with Andy in Chabot already.

Having taken all of the local beginner classes and shot most matches within 3 hours from San Jose for many years, I can honestly say that TASC out of Chabot may be the best group to bring beginners up to speed quickly. Hope to see you there some time this summer. Welcome.

Larry