Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saving my $50 for bullets....

CDPMatt

.... and just telling y'all that I made 5gun Expert this past weekend :)

it broke down like this:

SSP/EX match bump 03/09

ESP/EX match bump MVSA 09/09

CDP/EX match bump 09 Nats

SSR/EX by classifier 7/09

ESR/EX by classifier 2/10

I'm just curious as to the order of things for most folks....

Edited by CDPMatt

Great job!

I'm just curious as to the order of things for most folks....

For me it went

ESP bump Nationals 9/06

SSP bump TX State 6/07

CDP bump MS State 11/07

SSR classified 1/06

ESR classified 2 weeks before Nationals 9/09 last year so I could shoot ESR MA.

OK, Evan got me on that one LOL.... I did "master" giving the FTDR to some Memphis boys on stage 7 of the Tri state regional.... Ask Larry about that :)

Was that the stage with the popper/activator behind that Max Trap no shoot? Because if it was, I hated and loved that stage at the same time.

OK, Evan got me on that one LOL.... I did "master" giving the FTDR to some Memphis boys on stage 7 of the Tri state regional.... Ask Larry about that :)

Was that the stage with the popper/activator behind that Max Trap no shoot? Because if it was, I hated and loved that stage at the same time.

Yes it was.... I cannot take credit for the design, but I was the CSO ;)

Good work! That wheel gun stuff has me puzzled. I think I'm SS in SSR that's it. Good reloading is a skill all on its own.

I had to check my dates- here they are:

9/08 SSP EX Match Bump

10/08 ESP EX Classifier

2/09 CDP EX Match Bump

8/09 SSP MA Classifier

Working on ESP MA now... that's gonna take some work.

Yes it was.... I cannot take credit for the design, but I was the CSO ;)

That really was a good stage - the two itty-bitty plates you had to shoot before trying for the activator were quite the little problem, I watched one guy shooting CDP run himself out of ammo trying to whack those guys.

Yeah, we had probably 8 or 10 people run out of ammo on those guys.... just about everyone was more worried about the popper. I saw plenty of Ex and MA's MISS the popper and almost all the MM and SS hit it :) sometimes slow is better, most people saw white and broke a quick shot instead of concentrating on the front sight in the center of the popper.

Okay, thanks Matt.

I watched those two videos again, and I am a little confused about that hinged white plate.

Did you have to shoot it and hit it twice to get it to fall?

And I am curious also about how the Max trap No Shoot in front of the popper got activated in the first place???

Chills, the max trap was activated by a foot plate that swung the no-shoot up in front of the popper. It was an FTDR if you intentionally shot through the no-shoot to get the popper.

CDPMatt- I don't mean to derail the post- but do you know how they made those movers that were behind some of the barrels? The ones with two targets that moved laterally back and forth? Those were cool.

Thanks